Anschutz 6811 Extended Scope Base

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BAMO

Anschutz 6811 Extended Scope Base

Post by BAMO »

Has anyone been able to successfully mount any of the 3/8" rimfire Burris Signature Rings to an Anschutz 6811 extended scope base? I bought Champion Shooters Supply's supposedly improved model 6911 extended scope base but the rimfire gooves on top of the base are narrower than 11mm (compared to grooves actually machined into Anschutz receivers) and thus do not permit me to tighten my Burris Signature Rings to it. So, I'm wondering if I'd run into the same problem with the Anschutz 6811 base? I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think that the CSS improved model 6911 base is made by Anschutz, and instead suspect it is a knock off they're selling. Looks like if I want to try one of these genuine Anschutz 6811 bases that I'll have to order it from an online dealer in Europe.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I bought the one sold by Shooters Supply too and didn't like it. I wanted adjustability as advertised. I had to really torque it tight to get them to stay and they still had a tendency to move. I as well have the signature rings. I sold it and got the Anschutz rail. Much better. I never measured the rail I just figured it was the smooth finish as the Anschutz was a rougher finish. Good luck

tenring