Toric Contact Lens

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

efoleyjr

Toric Contact Lens

Post by efoleyjr »

Does anybody shoot with Toric contact lens and if so, what has your experience been?
Ed
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Make sure to put them I with enough time for them to orient themselves. The only issue I ever ran into was when a rain drop got me square in the eye and moved the contact back into my eye. Took me 10min to get it back around, then another few minutes for it to orient again.
joel

Post by joel »

I have a toric lens for my left eye as it has a decent astigmatism. Fortunately, I shoot right eyed, so it isn't an issue. I do, however, race GP motorcycles and wear my contacts for that. The thing that helps the most is that I put them in well in advance of my competition. That way, they have a chance to settle in and orientate to correct my astigmatism. By that time, I have forgotten that I even am wearing contacts.

HTH,

Joel
23's Dad

I wear them...

Post by 23's Dad »

I find that they can get mis-aligned if I tilt my head in position. If I cant the rifle to my face, I don't have a problem. OH, Kneeling, and Prone - I'm OK. I can't find a sitting position that allows me to keep my head up and still have solid bone support. Probably not an issue for ISSF courses of fire, but I mostly shoot smallbore as practice for XTC with 30 cal. I need a solid sitting position to soak up the recoil during the rapids.
IVX8

Toric Contact Lense

Post by IVX8 »

I have had to resort to these lenses in the past 2 months. My other choice was to give up shooting. In two matches so far, NC 600yd and Conventional prone they have posed no problems. Like with any contact its good to wear them before the match and blink often and stay moisturized.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I wear toric contact lenses with significant correction for shooting. As several have stated, they are no problem to shoot in, and are actually quite a bit better than my regular glasses when it comes to shooting, provided I put them in an at least an hour or so before I get to the line. It's also important for me to change them regularly (twice a month for me, but YMMV), otherwise my eyes get irritated more easily, especially when looking through my sights.