air pistol training program by Jukka Lahti

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

air pistol training program by Jukka Lahti

Post by seamaster »

http://www.airpistoltraining.com/bargain/

Anyone used his training coach program?

$30 something does "not" sound bad.
Last edited by seamaster on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

@ seamaster.
I’m expecting that $30.00 of investment in continuing education is not your "last hope". ;)
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

I should have re-read what I wrote.

What I meant to write was that " $30 something does NOT sound bad."

And Russ, I am sorry I did not get your humor.
shadow

Post by shadow »

When I click on the link it says "free".
Russ

Post by Russ »

seamaster wrote:I should have re-read what I wrote.

I’m just happy that you found what you was looking for a long time. :)
At the same time I’m surprised that you are looking for the solution outside this reference group. :(
This is some kind of loyalty issue for my taste. ;) I was under the impression that we have everything what you need here on “TT”. It makes me sad when I see you searching for “more tips “outside this source. :(
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

Russ wrote:
seamaster wrote:I should have re-read what I wrote.

I’m just happy that you found what you was looking for a long time. :)
At the same time I’m surprised that you are looking for the solution outside this reference group. :(
This is some kind of loyalty issue for my taste. ;) I was under the impression that we have everything what you need here on “TT”. It makes me sad when I see you searching for “more tips “outside this source. :(
The OP didn't say he "found what he was looking for", nor did he mention "looking for a long time"...he asked if anyone had expeience/knew anything about the program. Are you familiar with Mr Lahti's program or materials Russ? If not, please stfu and wait for someone who can
answer the question that was posed.
Stop trembling with fear, it will only lower your scores.
Chris

Post by Chris »

For $37 and a 30 day money back guarantee it would be interesting to see what he has to offer. $37 is not a lot to spend. I guess it comes down to if you are the type of person who needs something laid out for your and are not able to come up with a training program on your own. I would guess most of us could use a schedule to follow but would like to know if there are people who have had success using it.

If I shot below 550 I might be interested in spending $37 and see where it gets me.

With that said I know if I were to shoot 5 days a week for 30-45 mins and had some matches to look forward to and push me I know I could do it on my own. There have been many post here on TT with ideas of exercises you can do each week and things to work on that most people should be able to increase scores if they put the effort in. There is something to be said about spending some money on something and then you feel like you need to use it and this could push you to follow the program and then improve.
Russ

Post by Russ »

"Stop trembling with fear"
I have no fear. I only hope that this option will work for you as well. Keep me updated. ;)
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

I actually purchased his material back in I believe January of this year for about the same price, maybe a bit less, but that does not matter.

It has some good structured methods/ schedule/ format to follow.

Bottom line is this...

You must want to do it and are really passionate about fullfilling your goals.

If you do not have it within yourself to acheive your goals, then there is no coach or any help out there for you.

It is up to you.

Clarence
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Jukka's syllabus is a condensed advice on precision (air)pistol shooting. All that is in the book, anyone can find on the Internet or on TT. The book has one advantage, it groups all guidelines and exercises in an orderly and logic sequence. Those who have the will to follow the training program will most likely improve their scores. However, it does not replace a coach! By coach I understand someone who watches how you execute your shot and who can correct you on the spot Someone who will talk to you and advise you how to correct you shot delivery. how to control you (match) nerves.
Good shooting,
Guy
Russ

Post by Russ »

Thank you Guy.
" All that is in the book, anyone can find on the Internet or on TT" This is what he mention as the source of information on his website.

"By Experienced coach I understand someone who watches how you execute your shot and who can correct you on the spot Someone who will talk to you and advise you how to correct you shot delivery. how to control you (match) nerves." It is Great recommendation!

One more crucial part is missing, this is initial evaluation. You cannot do it over the Internet.

The scope of the knowledge of “the coach” and knowledgeable and experienced coach or consultant is different tremendously as well. ;)
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Sounds like a good opportunity and price. In the end performance is still a direct result of effort and energy expended by the athlete. No need to spend big bucks to figure that out. ;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Greg Derr wrote:Sounds like a good opportunity and price. In the end performance is still a direct result of effort and energy expended by the athlete. No need to spend big bucks to figure that out. ;)
I think, this statement is about my class: "No need to spend big bucks" :) Yes it is quite expensive for the first glimpse.

At the same time I have feedback from my former student who decided to use this source as a continuing education. He said that "is nothing to compare to your two days class." I'm glad I did OK. ;)

Recently I took "SCUBA Open water class". All fees were around $1,000.00. It is nothing cheap in this world. ;)
Attachments
scuba 2012 Russ.jpg
scuba 2012 Russ.jpg (20.35 KiB) Viewed 6352 times
Last edited by Russ on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

I see no mention of anyone else's methods here, like they say paranoia will destroya. ;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Adequate price for your course is an important psychological aspect as well. ;)
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Russ wrote:Adequate price for your course is an important psychological aspect as well. ;)
Especially for the person collecting the fees I suspect. Let's keep on topic, I want to hear more about the OP's progress and or success.
luftskytter

SCUBA

Post by luftskytter »

OK:

SCUBA classes are damn expensive in your country :-)
Russ

Re: SCUBA

Post by Russ »

luftskytter wrote:OK:

SCUBA classes are damn expensive in your country :-)
I just Google it: "Tuition: $795.00 single, $590.00 for each additional adult participant. $550.00 for additional kids and young adults (12-17 yrs)"
Private Scuba Lessons - One on One Scuba Certification
http://www.ecodivecenter.com/content/pr ... -dive-shop

I think, this is industry standard rate for the instructor who invested enough time and money in his personal growth. :)))
Most important part is required level of practical skills to obtain SCUBA Instructor Certification level.
Peter B

Training

Post by Peter B »

Like many who read this forum hoping to gane something see again it goes no were. Like the gentelman above I spent the money this program (thats what we were talking about) hoping he had something on the mental side of the sport but nothing I've seen before. If anybody can tell me how to get over shooting good that would be something. You all know what I mean, It is when you shoot a realy good target and make up fore it on the very next one.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Peter B wrote:
"If anybody can tell me how to get over shooting good that would be something."

"something on the mental side"
"Like many who read this forum hoping to gane something see again it goes no were."

Thank you for your honesty Peter!

Before you will look toward "something on the mental side", GET YOUR FUNDAMENTALS DONE IN THE CORRECT ORDER!!!!!

Here is my suggestion to make it right:

"Make the Difference in your Olympic Pistol Performance."
http://midwestacademyconsulting.wordpress.com/