Walther SSP-Es are finally making an appearance....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

Walther SSP-Es are finally making an appearance....

Post by Leon »

Check this out

http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=4070107

Looks very, very nice.......
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have two on order, however the Oz importers informed me last Wednesday that the factory had not mentioned the SSP e in any communication.
Let's hope that production starts, as it does look very nice indeed.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Looks very good, I love my SSP, hoping that Walther licked the issues with electronic triggers in semi autos ( doubles).
Leon

Post by Leon »

deadeyedick wrote:I have two on order, however the Oz importers informed me last Wednesday that the factory had not mentioned the SSP e in any communication.
Let's hope that production starts, as it does look very nice indeed.
I emailed the alternative importer of Walther SSPs in Australia and got a prompt reply stating that they will be available here March 2013.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I purchased a mechanical trigger SSP from the same people, and later found that I had no Australian warranty as they buy them from Gehmanns in Germany, and are not factory authorised distributors. It cost me $180.00 from the Australian distributors to purchase a part that had failed within the first twelve months . I'm also not confident about a march release date, but it sounds feasible. Two of us have had them on order for what would be close to eighteen months.
Leon

Post by Leon »

deadeyedick wrote:I purchased a mechanical trigger SSP from the same people, and later found that I had no Australian warranty as they buy them from Gehmanns in Germany, and are not factory authorised distributors. It cost me $180.00 from the Australian distributors to purchase a part that had failed within the first twelve months . I'm also not confident about a march release date, but it sounds feasible. Two of us have had them on order for what would be close to eighteen months.

Hmmm that's disturbing. My SSP came from the same people. What part did you need?

I'm idly thinking of importing my own SSP-E from currently available stock in Germany and am still considering the risk acceptance pros and cons.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I should have said that when the trigger bar wouldn't set consistently, I called the Importers/Distributors. They asked for the serial no. for warranty purposes and called me back a few days later to inform me that my pistol was a grey import, and not covered by Oz warranty. I knew the people I purchased it from didn't carry parts, so went straight to the importers.
Lesson learnt.....buy from the people who will honour warranty, have parts in stock, and have a direct line to the manufacturer.
If it was me Leon, I would order the electronic version through the traditional channels, just in case the E modules give trouble.
Leon

Post by Leon »

"If it was me Leon, I would order the electronic version through the traditional channels, just in case the E modules give trouble."

I think those are words of wisdom indeed - especially considering it's a brand new electronic module - which has been suspiciously delayed by some 12 months or so.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Knowing that till now, all new pistols with electronic trigger, whatever the manufcaturer, had problems when thye were introduced on the market, I definitely wouldn't buy one without manufacturer warranty.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

Leon

Post by Leon »

I am so ENVIOUS ! Lucky b*stard !.

Please, please give us a review on it....
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

Ok a short review.

The pistol shoots very good, it took a while to get used to the new trigger. The first time it shot the ssp-e it was just like a machine gun, this was just my own wrong handling of the gun. After a few minutes of dry practice you wont shoot double shots anymore.

The biggest plus is the dry fire option. No tools or special actions needed, just turn on the pistol (you turn on the pistol by pulling the trigger, it will turn of after 20 minutes) and don't cock it.

When you unpack the pistol and recharge it for a 10 minutes (there is a USB connector beneath the barel) and try the trigger you will notice it is on 1 stage mode. You can change it to 2 stage by adjusting your trigger mechanism.

After a few "days" of shooting this was my first result:

This was shot with no adjustment to the pistol and RWS pistol match cartridges.

Though there are some points I like less: The 2 mags wich come with the weapon are the same as from the ssp, if you load the incorrectly (ich can hapen quite easy) the cartridge wont chamber the cartridge resulting in a malfunction. On the right side there is a blue led light which indicates the state of the weapon (blinking: on, off:off, fast blinking battery status) this can be very distracting at the shooting range for other people. I also hate the people which question me: for stupid questions: What is the light for.. its my wifi connection with my phone so i can adjust the windage and elevation without tools.. Then people look at you very stupid and believe an tell you they wont believe you.. then why you ask? Just hate it sometimes but its personal. And if you need to adjust the elevation you need tools

in the case:
- Pistol
- Some tools you need to adjust or maintain the pistol
- 2 mags (the same as ssp and the same lading issue)
- Manual
- 1 barrel weight.

Coclusion: Im glad i choose to trade my old ssp for the ssp-e.

Only thing i dont know about the pistol is the 2 drill hole in front of the barrel.
fverhoeven

Post by fverhoeven »

Hello CamelNL,

Nice gun!
The treades holes are for weights.
2x45 gram or 2x65 grams
http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang= ... roduct=472
Look at special weights in product specific accessoires tab.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

Ah ok, never notice those weights.
Leon

Post by Leon »

"What is the light for.. its my wifi connection with my phone so i can adjust the windage and elevation without tools.. "

Hahaha - like it...