Walther KK300 Alutec - info on stock adjustments

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mike in OZ

Walther KK300 Alutec - info on stock adjustments

Post by Mike in OZ »

Hello all.

I'm contemplating a change from my 1980s vintage Anschutz 1913 to a new Walther KK300. The impetus for the change stems mainly from two things - the 1913 trigger and wanting grip adjustment that I don't currently have with my non-factory alloy stock. Also I'd like to upgrade buttplates, but to do this, a stock and a new trigger is going to cost too much for my liking.

The trigger has been a nuisance because I want to set it lighter than the design permits without the risk of it hanging up at the end of the first stage or just sailing straight through and firing the shot prematurely. It works perfectly well set to a heavier weight, but I prefer to be able to shoot with a light right hand grip and this is problematic without the trigger set lightly.

I have read good things about the Walther triggers, especially from those who have experienced the same problem with the Anschutz hang up, but I can't find much information specifically relating to the range of adjustments for the grip position. Is it adjustable in all directions - forwards/backwards, angle, rotation and left/right?

Thanks in advance.
hansi

Post by hansi »

Found this.
Attachments
Walther-Grip-laminated-wood-right-blue-beige_b2.jpg
RobinC

Walther

Post by RobinC »

Hi Mike
My wife and I both shoot Walther K300's, the grips are available in three sizes, it is adjustable forward and back, twist and side to side, but not angle, but it would not be difficult to mod it to do so, we use ours upright. Great rifle with a superb trigger.
Good shooting
Robin
KatoomDownUnder

Walther kk300

Post by KatoomDownUnder »

Other than the lack of adjustment for angle the pistol grip is fine. As mentioned it wouldn't be hard to modify it, something I may end up doing with mine.
The trigger is great and has such a large range of adjustments it might take some time to get it spot on. I'm still playing with mine but more than happy with it so far.
The MEC butt plate is well made and also has a great range of adjustment. There have been a few complaints about them but I think that if you store your rifle upright on the butt plate your asking for problems. It takes two seconds to remove it, ok possibly a fraction more lol.
As with all these target rifles they are well made so quality problems will be rare.
Oh and as a bonus, unlike Anschutz you get reasonably good quality sights included in the price.
RobinC

Walther

Post by RobinC »

To add to my previous post, the triggers are superb, but do take a bit of setting up to get to your specific preference, in Europe by going to a big meeting you can get the services of the factory techs who can set triggers to your requirement blind folded.
We liked the principle of the MEC plates but found them irritating in that they did come loose regularly and move, my wife now has a Jung plate, I have the "Old 90's Style" Walther modern made version of the KK200 plate which is great. But of course now due to the stupid new ISSF rule changes most buttplates will now not comply to the rules!
Good Shooting
Robin
Mike in OZ

Post by Mike in OZ »

Thank you all for the info. A mate has just bought one for bench shooting and I think I will hang out until I can get to handle his before I jump. He currently has a FWB 2700, Anschutz 2013 and an older Match 54. He has used my rifle. He described the Walther trigger as phenomenal.
Last edited by Mike in OZ on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike in OZ

Post by Mike in OZ »

Just as a follow up I wanted to add that I've found a new rifle, but not quite what I was expecting. Having decided I would invest in a KK300, I came across a little used FWB 2700 Super Match and decided to grab it.

I shot it for the first time last night having spent a bit of time at home doing dry fire and Scatt work to establish basic settings for the stock. Straight away I realised the stock and buttplate were not long enough in standard form so I made a 25mm spacer to fit between the buttplate and its mount. I'll probably need to source a set of long racks for it in time. The trigger struck me as being very crisp and certainly didn't disappoint when fired with live ammo. It will take some acclimatisation since the balance and feel is completely different, but so far I'm very pleased with it.