Butt plate choice

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Col. Batguano

Butt plate choice

Post by Col. Batguano »

I'm in the process of restocking a Win 52D that I got from the CMP. I got the stock made up from www.rifle-stocks.com, but it needs a butt plate for position shooting. With a gun this nose heavy it needs a hook. I can gouge out the channel for a rail easily enough.

What are my options? Of course, cheaper is better than spendier. Most important to me is performance though.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

I've used the DV 4way with hook from Master Class http://www.masterclassstocks.com/accessories.html for several of our club guns.
ehampel

I have a Bill Earnest Buttplate that I like

Post by ehampel »

Earnest Shooting Products

Bill Earnest does not have a website. He can send you a catalog on request. He creates custom machined parts including the “antlers” which can be attached to an offhand stand to cradle the rifle. He does not take credit cards.

Bill Earnest
345 Coal Street
Teverton, PA 17881
570-797-4872
randy1952

Re: I have a Bill Earnest Buttplate that I like

Post by randy1952 »

ehampel wrote:Earnest Shooting Products

Bill Earnest does not have a website. He can send you a catalog on request. He creates custom machined parts including the “antlers” which can be attached to an offhand stand to cradle the rifle. He does not take credit cards.

Bill Earnest
345 Coal Street
Teverton, PA 17881
570-797-4872
Has he started building those shooting stands again? The last time I talked to him he quit making the stands because of material and time.