FWB 300su Foresight Iris

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

IainD

FWB 300su Foresight Iris

Post by IainD »

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that a standard 18mm iris will fit a FWB 300su foresight tunnel, Getting foresight elements can be difficult and an iris would allow greater freedom in different lighting. Just don't want to blow £100 if it won't fit and being an older rifle I'm just not to sure.

Thanks

Iain
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Iain,

I think the 300 took 16mm elements, at least all those I've seen did. If the foresight won't accept 18mm metal or perspex elements, then it probably won't take an 18mm iris.

Tim
ON_THE_EDGE

Post by ON_THE_EDGE »

I just wish somebody would have responded to me when I asked the O.D. of the 22mm clear iris.
IainD

Post by IainD »

I have just tried an anschutz front sight locking ring and found that the inside diameter of this and the FWB one are the same on my one at least so I am a now thinking that a standard 18mm iris will fit.
Word of warning though, I did have a FWB 300s and that did not have the sane removable foresight so there may have been a change in internal diameters over time, I may have just been lucky and believe me that does not happen often.
I will post again when I get hold of an iris and have confirmed this

Iain
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Iain,

if the Anschutz locking ring fits, then an 18mm iris will too.
IainD

Post by IainD »

Hi Tim,

I thought it would, the perspex elements are only just over 16mm which was causing me to have to think before posting definitive info, and I know from a previous FWB300s with non removable foresight that the threads were not the same.

Thanks

Iain D