Looks like a nickelplated action
Weird straight bolt

But is this a kkm, a kk200..
What years were those made and is the bolt action reliable
ADC59

Walther

Post by ADC59 »

Hello:

I believe this is a Walther UIT-E Universal. It is based on the Walther KKM action. But it has an electronic trigger. The stock is very similar to or identical to the Walther UIT-Match Universal.

I don't think very many of them were made. Unsure about how available spare parts are for the electronic trigger.

Alan Carey
ADC59
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

It's certainly a UIT-E, but I thought this had a very different action to the KK-UIT. The action is cocked with a side lever (like a 10m PCP) not a rotary bolt, and there was a five shot magazine.

I have a review of this rifle from the early 1980s. I don't think it was in production for long.

It's certainly not a KK200, this is a conventional bolt action, just in a square receiver.

Tim
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

It's a Walther BV.

The action is pretty much as Tim described, except I don't think they ever had magazines.
yana

Post by yana »

Thnx.
So its an oldie than? Beginning 80s?
Is the sidelever action reliable?
Doesnt appear to have a magazine..
RobinC

Walther

Post by RobinC »

Don't know the model number but the only one I've seen was in the Walther museum (during a visit a month ago) and its very interesting.
The action is quite complex and not just a straight bolt with a lever like a biathlon rifle more like a side levered martini-ish type action, a really clever design.
They made a small production quantity of them in the '80s, there were no problems and they shot very well, but never caught on, probably as they were too different. Perhaps a bit too ahead of their time?
I've emailed my factory contact for more info, so I'll add that when he comes back.
Robin
yana

Post by yana »

Thnx! That should be interesting!
RobinC

BV

Post by RobinC »

It is definately a Walther BV, I spoke to a man yesterday who is very knowledgeable on them, they are quite rare but apparantly one has also just turned up in the UK at a dealer.
They were a form of falling block and I'm waiting for him to find the breakdown drawing from his archives. He said that Sarah Cooper used one quite successfully in the '80's and that Malcolm wanted Walther to move the action back which would have been quite simple and mean't it would have been very easy to load with minimal movement but they were not interested. There was a small production run but they did not catch on, (too far ahead of their time?) I was very impressed with the one I saw, a lovely action. They were made in mechanical and electronic trigger form. If I get any more I'll drop it on here.
Robin
sandy22

Re: BV

Post by sandy22 »

RobinC wrote: They were made in mechanical and electronic trigger form.
Was there an electr(on)ic ignition version?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I came across a pic of this Walther action on a French website: http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=13256233
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Sandy
I don't know what you mean ! It came with either a mechanical trigger or an electronically operated trigger, I suspect similar to the Walther free pistol trigger of the same era, but I don't have the drawing yet so can't tell you any more.
Paul
Yes that's the one! That's a BV.
I'm told they shot very well, but did not sell so they dropped it, as I've said probably too far ahead of its time.
Robin
yana

Post by yana »

Paul, great pic! Was that carbon shroud original?
Unfortunately, the 1 I saw 4 sale, in the openingpost, has already been sold..
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

RobinC wrote:Sandy
I don't know what you mean !
I had it in my head that someone had tried electric or electronic (as distinct from striker) ignition for .22 rimfire around that time and that this was the gun it was done in.

On further consideration I now think "someone" was Krico, not Walther.
yana

Post by yana »

Found another 1 of the above Walther 4 sale.
This, however, ís an E version, with E trigger.
According to the seller, it doesnt work though (the E trigger).
Are these triggers easy to work on? Are there still parts available for it?
Or is it too great a risk to buy it with this defect?