New Made In USA Free Rfile

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

randy1952

New Made In USA Free Rfile

Post by randy1952 »

The NRA has an article in their Club Connection magazine on a 22 Free Rifle made by 10x (http://www.10xshootingsupplies.com/). Does anybody have experience with the rifle and the price?
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

I have been to their shop and they pillar bedded my two Anschutz free rifles. First class operation.

Their free rifle was approx $2,100.00 if I remember correctly.

The very late Dave Cramer used their guns as does the rifle team from WVU.

They are very flexible on modifications to their base guns.
Bob3700

Post by Bob3700 »

There has been a couple of negative reviews of the 10X rifles that I have read. I would want to investigate those reports and verify that they were true and what corrective action the manufacturer took.

For that kind of money, I expect to get exactly what they advertise.

RGDS

Bob
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Randy if you want mine you can have it for 200 less than I paid. But to be honest here is my review.

Top to bottom ,

1) They bead blasted the crown and I think some in the bore.
2)There is no bullet engagement into the rifling.
3) They did not bed the rifle. They were suppose to.
4) The Trigger came in a 1 1/2 Lbs. It came with a bag with other springs so I fix it.
5) The stock had a run in the finish and a small dent in the stock when it arrived.
6) I was told I could dry fire it as much as I want to, well the brass was hanging up on the on the chamber opening@ 6 O'clock. guess what?
7) The loading tray is so shallow that if you cant at all the round will roll to the side and you will pay hell getting it in the chamber.
8)The buttplate does not stay tight and flexes in prone, and that can mess up you recoil.
9) Ejects about 90% of the time.
10) Out of about 100 rounds I shot out of the gun 3 did not fire.

Being a American Toolmaker and wanabe gunsmith I really wanted this thing to shoot. I am so discussed with this rifle I still have not call him yet. I don't think for $2150 some dollars there should be much wrong. I am an easy customer and could have over looked and fix a lot but it shoots inch to inch and 1/2 groups @ 50yds. I don't even know why I let someone else build me a rifle, but at the time I had 7 or 8 stocks that I was doing work on for others and figured what the hell, and that proved to be a 2 thousand mistake. I do need to call Bill, I meet him at his shop and we talked for about 2 two hours and I thought we were on the same page. After I talk to him, maybe I will do a youtube or a review with pics. If I owned 10x I would buy this rifle back, and the make then worker that build it buy it. or use it for a tomato stake. But thats just me. I learned my lesson, If you want something done right do it your self. Its not rocket science.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Doug Keener

PS if there is any 10x fans here I would be more that willing to sell the rifle for -$200 what I paid.
randy1952

Quality

Post by randy1952 »

Roadthing wrote:Randy if you want mine you can have it for 200 less than I paid. But to be honest here is my review.

Top to bottom ,

1) They bead blasted the crown and I think some in the bore.
2)There is no bullet engagement into the rifling.
3) They did not bed the rifle. They were suppose to.
4) The Trigger came in a 1 1/2 Lbs. It came with a bag with other springs so I fix it.
5) The stock had a run in the finish and a small dent in the stock when it arrived.
6) I was told I could dry fire it as much as I want to, well the brass was hanging up on the on the chamber opening@ 6 O'clock. guess what?
7) The loading tray is so shallow that if you cant at all the round will roll to the side and you will pay hell getting it in the chamber.
8)The buttplate does not stay tight and flexes in prone, and that can mess up you recoil.
9) Ejects about 90% of the time.
10) Out of about 100 rounds I shot out of the gun 3 did not fire.

Being a American Toolmaker and wanabe gunsmith I really wanted this thing to shoot. I am so discussed with this rifle I still have not call him yet. I don't think for $2150 some dollars there should be much wrong. I am an easy customer and could have over looked and fix a lot but it shoots inch to inch and 1/2 groups @ 50yds. I don't even know why I let someone else build me a rifle, but at the time I had 7 or 8 stocks that I was doing work on for others and figured what the hell, and that proved to be a 2 thousand mistake. I do need to call Bill, I meet him at his shop and we talked for about 2 two hours and I thought we were on the same page. After I talk to him, maybe I will do a youtube or a review with pics. If I owned 10x I would buy this rifle back, and the make then worker that build it buy it. or use it for a tomato stake. But thats just me. I learned my lesson, If you want something done right do it your self. Its not rocket science.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Doug Keener

PS if there is any 10x fans here I would be more that willing to sell the rifle for -$200 what I paid.
Sounds like they have quality issues to work out. Has the rifle been out long?
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

$200 less than you paid or only $200 total? The rifle you just decribed doesn't even sound like it is worth $200.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

I paid just under $2200 if you want it It could be yours for $1950

Doug
randy1952

Rifle

Post by randy1952 »

Roadthing wrote:I paid just under $2200 if you want it It could be yours for $1950

Doug
I think I'll wait until they iron out the bugs.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

This was not about getting the bugs out it was just poorly assembled and nothing I wont be able to fix. A friend of mine from Tenn. bought an action and put one of these together and he says he loves it. And the BR community seems to like them.
I will know more when I dig into this rifle and fix there mistakes.

Doug
randy1952

Rifle

Post by randy1952 »

Roadthing wrote:This was not about getting the bugs out it was just poorly assembled and nothing I wont be able to fix. A friend of mine from Tenn. bought an action and put one of these together and he says he loves it. And the BR community seems to like them.
I will know more when I dig into this rifle and fix there mistakes.

Doug
I consider that as part of the bug fixing process. It is not enough to design a better mouse trap, but if it isn't put together right then what good is the mouse trap.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

These actions have been made over a year and a half, and they have been building rifles for over 20 years that excuse don't cut it. And I don't care to be a guinea pig for 2200 dollars, They built the late great David Crammer a rifle, the first one and it was flawless, and so is his sons 3p rifle. So like I said just shoty workman ship, Im a toolmaker and if I did work like that I would not have a job, and all my work is first run and pro-type and works as it should. I also do some gunsmithing and will show before and after picks of the rifle when I am done.

\Doug