Cm 162 pressure regulator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
flolo

Cm 162 pressure regulator

Post by flolo »

Hi!

Shot on the oktoberfest today when after a while my pistol started to show some very strange behavior. i changed batteries(aaa) last week and also checked the trigger as the gun felt very strange from time to time over the last month. As this obviously didnt solve the problem, i now come to the conclusion that it could be the pressure regulator.

So: how do i know if it's the pressure regulator?
How big should the difference in velocity, from shot to shot, be?

Fixing this should be no problem as i have a complete set of seals at home, but i dont know if i' m trying to fix the right problem...

Thanks in advance for your help!
David M

Post by David M »

The velocity should only vary a couple of mps.
The main cause of problems with the 162 is dirt, grease and oil in the hammer and housing. Crud tends to slow the hammer down and will vary the velocity, do not oil as this tends to hydraulic causing problems.
Pull it apart and give it a good clean. The hammer needs to run dry.
flolo

Post by flolo »

This was also my first thought when i checked velocity as it varied about 8-10 mps, but didnt solve it. Thats why i came up with the regulator. So, what should the average velocity spread be?
yana

Post by yana »

I doubt wether 8-10 variation is clearly visible on 10m anyway, except when maybe you clamp the pistol. Low fps spread doesnt necessarily mean best accuracy, and viceversa. On pistol tests I´ve read, 2-3 fps-m-sec spread was ´normal´ for the morini.

I had reg issues with my Aeron Spider. That was quite obvious though, as it didnt take enough air for each shot,resulting in VERY low shots, some evt tumbling underneath the card..!

What exactly do you mean by the pistol feels weird. A good barrel clean can tighten things up as well, especially when there´s rust inside.
flolo

Post by flolo »

Finally found the problem: i bought (rifle-) r10 on the german championships, as they grouped best. I usually use either jsb, vogel or quiang-yuan, with the last two being also 0.53 g and the schulz 0.52g. Today i checked all of them. Result: the r10- rifle is 20 m/s slower at 120 m/s. This and the harder kick from them explains the strange behavior. It's obvious that they a kick a little harder , but i didn' t think of their velocity being so low. In combination, it's clear now why it felt like a different pistol...

Many thanks for your help!
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I have a Morini 162 EI short using R10 4.49 rifle weight, a month ago a GB squad member tuned the velocity(raised it slightly) for me so that the pellets were going through 1 pellet size hole. I don't know the velocity at the moment.
Are you sticking with the R10 rifle pellets ?
flolo

Post by flolo »

Well, i'd use them for training as there are just 5 tins left. My pistol seems to love the yellow jsb's at 4.49, as i always had the best results with them in competition and when testing at the former german importers shop( and they also have their own brand made by schulz). When testing at the championships this lot was the only one grouping under 6.5mm from either rws and h&n. I just wanted to try something different, and i always thought that the former importer possibly tried to promote his own brand by selling lower quality finale match and r10 as they never got great results on my morini and the pistols i had before (lp10 & lp10e).
ISSFFP

Post by ISSFFP »

I use a Morini 162EI too and when I first own the piece, I had it tuned using a rest.

I found a pattern that accuracy is like wavelength, e.g. set the velocity at 145 m/sec have excellent groupings, then the same will happen again say at 156 m/sec and 134 m/sec. So using a higher or lower velocity will totally be personal preference. I like a lower velocity and my 162EI works fine at app. 140 m/sec with H & N Finale Match 4.5 (AP) pellets.
flolo

Post by flolo »

Yes, and the reason for this, we talked here some time ago:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=35904