3X Gone!!!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

3X Gone!!!

Post by Rover »

Three LP10s for sale in a row in the Classifed.

I guess they realized they need to dump them and get a better gun.

I wonder what they bought.
TB

Post by TB »

I just sold my lp10 and ordered a FWB P44 short with Rink grip instead. Better weight distribution and trigger IMHO.
Russ

Re: 3X Gone!!!

Post by Russ »

Rover wrote:Three LP10s for sale in a row in the Classifed.

I guess they realized they need to dump them and get a better gun.

I wonder what they bought.
This is a quest of The DREAM of a perfect gun. I’m assuming. :)
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Failed to notice they were all bumped by the same person asking IF they had been sold?

They were listen in May, July and August (as well as the same gun in April) of this year. Not exactly unusual, and I suspect that lack of use is more a motivation for sale than anything else, with need for money due to the crumby economy a close 2nd reason. None of the sellers were active in the least in these forums either which would not indicate the search for a "dream" gun, more like a passing interest that didn't work out.
BEA

LP 10's for sale

Post by BEA »

I sold mine for lack of matches to attend. The only AP shooting I do now is in my basement. The LP 10 is an extremely fine pistol and I highly recommend it. I will go back to my Walther CMP 1 CO2. I have had it since 1995 and it has always been a good shooter and super reliable.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I don't see any competitive reason to dump the LP10, with the exception of wanting to purchase an LP10E. The LP10/LP10E is still the pistol to beat when it is crunch time. So I think it is probably sold by people who want to quit AP altogether.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Oops...#4 just posted.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:
I don't see any competitive reason to dump the LP10, with the exception of wanting to purchase an LP10E. The LP10/LP10E is still the pistol to beat when it is crunch time. So I think it is probably sold by people who want to quit AP altogether.
Most probable, and accurate comment.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Nah...I think they wised up and decided to go with a SSP.
SeanM

Post by SeanM »

Brian M wrote:Failed to notice they were all bumped by the same person asking IF they had been sold?

They were listen in May, July and August (as well as the same gun in April) of this year. Not exactly unusual, and I suspect that lack of use is more a motivation for sale than anything else, with need for money due to the crumby economy a close 2nd reason. None of the sellers were active in the least in these forums either which would not indicate the search for a "dream" gun, more like a passing interest that didn't work out.
Shhhh stop being so reasonable. This is targettalk. All drama all the time.
Randy152

Post by Randy152 »

I think they probably saw the new 600X prototype from the new kid on the block. This is the one that the new ISSF rule is aimed at. It has a special electronic gyro and aiming system, as well as microchip pellets, and ANT unit, but the cool part is the special glasses that come with the gun. They have incorporated a heads up display unit in the glasses so you can see exactly where your aim point is. What happens is that when you take up the first stage, it marks the target and you see that as a green circle on the target that is fixed. If you don't like the placement, you redo the first stage take up until it marks the bull. As you continue your hold you see a red circle moving around. When the two are lined up, it all turns green and you break your shot. If you are within about 1/4" or so, then the pellets with the microchip will go into the center. If you break the shot when you are too far away from the green aiming area, then the electronic aiming beam will not be strong enough to correct the flight of the pellet within 10 meters. The other thing is that if you shoot into putty, you can recover the microchip and use it again. If you use metal it is a goner. Maybe I'll post some pictures when I'm done playing with it.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:I don't see any competitive reason to dump the LP10, with the exception of wanting to purchase an LP10E. The LP10/LP10E is still the pistol to beat when it is crunch time. So I think it is probably sold by people who want to quit AP altogether.
... or they might have been sold by people who had read and believed posts saying that the the LP10/LP10E is the "pistol to beat".

They are indeed an extremely good gun, but only if they suit you.
Last edited by David Levene on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Randy152 wrote:I think they probably saw the new 600X prototype from the new kid on the block. This is the one that the new ISSF rule is aimed at. It has a special electronic gyro and aiming system, as well as microchip pellets, and ANT unit, but the cool part is the special glasses that come with the gun. They have incorporated a heads up display unit in the glasses so you can see exactly where your aim point is.
I want one!! That ought to get my scores out of the 520's.

Does it come in Titanium?

Roger
Randy152

Post by Randy152 »

I want one!! That ought to get my scores out of the 520's.

Does it come in Titanium?

Roger[/quote]

It's a carbon/titanium mix! The manufacturer says no to gun pics, but here are the glasses. Notice the green center on the close up. That is lit when you are on target. Once I adapted to it I raised my scores 15 points!
Attachments
glasses1.jpg
glasses2.jpg
taz

Post by taz »

You seem to have the old version. The glasses are obsolete now.
The new one incorporates a camera which activates the electronic trigger as soon as the pistol aims at 10.5 or better.
Unfortunately the current software does not take muzzle movement into account so it is possible for the shot to end up as a low 10.x or high 9.x in cases of extreme movement.
This will be rectified in the next software update.
Of course all this is hidden inside the new compensator and can be retrofitted in older versions of the pistol (LP10E) but this would require you send your pistol to me (right hand grip, size medium or small preferred ;) )
Rover

Post by Rover »

Oh, Boy!!! This is FUN!!!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The place I work at actually developed a gyro-stabilized sniper rifle many years ago. As one of the resident target rifle shooters, I got to play guinea pig to help test the prototype in the lab (no live fire, drat).

It was very interesting. You had to argue with it slightly to get it on target, but once I was on, it cut my offhand wobble about in half.

The problem was that the people evaluating it for the military were elite snipers. The last thing they wanted was a gadget that would turn mere mortals into elite snipers. They spent all their time nitpicking about trivial stuff, and it never went anywhere. One of their biggest complaints was that we had mounted the prototype on a Remington 700, which wasn't the current model of sniper rifle.
Randy152

Post by Randy152 »

taz wrote:You seem to have the old version. The glasses are obsolete now.
The new one incorporates a camera which activates the electronic trigger as soon as the pistol aims at 10.5 or better.
Unfortunately the current software does not take muzzle movement into account so it is possible for the shot to end up as a low 10.x or high 9.x in cases of extreme movement.
This will be rectified in the next software update.
Of course all this is hidden inside the new compensator and can be retrofitted in older versions of the pistol (LP10E) but this would require you send your pistol to me (right hand grip, size medium or small preferred ;) )
Sounds good! I know the 600x team didn't have enough room available for electronic firing system after everything else was installed.

They are currently working on a long range rifle, but the system is different. They are using some kind of molecular-laser-magnetic system. Once the target is locked, you just pull the trigger. The bullet passes through the electronics and it is changed into some kind of electro-molecular beam. When it reaches the target, it re-materializes into a bullet. This system eliminates all errors due to bullet drop, and windage, but there are still some problems. The biggest one being that even though the bullet is moving fast when fired, when it is re-materialized at the target, all forward momentum is gone, so it just drops!
BEA

LP 10

Post by BEA »

And just think Rover, you thought the FWB 65 was still competitive.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I have heard that the 600x Selfindizierungoberenteil variant for Rapid Fire Pistol is due for release in November.

Has anybody tried one yet?