advanced jr precision rifle air and sb club classes ???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oddsonjjf

advanced jr precision rifle air and sb club classes ???

Post by oddsonjjf »

Ok Guys,

We have a small shooting program that meets one night a week..we are looking at creating another class every other week on another day for advanced shooters... the advanced shooters are J1 and J2's and have traveled to some national matches... We are hoping to bend some ears and gather some info for this new class... we are open to any suggestions.... We have a great facility indoors and have access to a Scatt(which we have not used yet).... Again... we are open...anything that has worked that you are willing to throw our way would be appreciated...thanks
SmallBoreRifleGuide

Did you find any infor for this?

Post by SmallBoreRifleGuide »

Hi,

There are no replies and I was wondering if you found and info for your new class. And if the class is set up and running?

For access to a lot of information and training material for beginners check out this website: www.smallborerifle.com which has some training exercises and quite a bit of info for prone rifle shooters.

If you are still looking for more advanced info I can ask my coaching buddies if they are able to share their formal training plans. Let me know if this is something you would like.

Hope the class is going well,
SBRG
jbpratt

Classes

Post by jbpratt »

Contact JaymeS. She is conducting clinics for smallbore and Air rifle. She is a 2x Olympian that does travel to conduct the clinics.
10_9kid

Post by 10_9kid »

I would definitely enlist the help of the USAMU International Rifle Team. They seem to have clinics popping up on the east coast this fall. I would not know who to get in contact with though.
GCSInc

Clinics

Post by GCSInc »

We run International Standing, 3P Air Rifle and 3P Smallbore Clinics each June @ The Ole Mill Range Complex, Griffin GA. www.OleMillRangeCTC.com

et us know if we can help you.

Roy
(678) 772-8185 cell
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Hi I help run a program here in California. First I have a couple of questions. I know you said your shooters have traveled to a couple of national matches, but do they have their own equipment or are they using the clubs? Also how many shooters are in your program, and how many are considered advanced. With our program we run every Thursday night. The more advanced kids also come up on Sundays unless we have a match that weekened.
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

there is 18 kids in the club, 10 who shoot up to 3 times a week at our club. 6 have traveled from camp perry to Fort Benning, to West point and have had several quailfy for the Junior olympics in Colorado springs and a Junior Air rilfe National championship. Most of the kids own their equipment.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Ok. One thing that seems to be working for our program is having the advanced kids shoot twice a week, one of which is a day only for advanced kids. Which in your case if some of them are already shooting 3 times a week then that's even better. When we have them meet we tend to have them shoot at least 20 shots each position, then if they have something they're struggleing with then we have them shoot that position more. That changes if we have a big match coming up, but that is generally what we do. At one point we were going to get a scatt, but we wound up not because we ran into the problem of who we would let take it home to practice with. There's ways of figureing that out, but there was other stuff we needed more at the time too. I know that one program that is semi close to us that has their advanced kids meet once a week, and every week they focus on a position. Then the next week they change positions. I was always taught to shoot every position everytime, and it makes sense to me, but then again their kids continue to smoke us in all the competions we shoot together.