Izh-35 - sell with or without Rink grips?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

Izh-35 - sell with or without Rink grips?

Post by Mike M. »

I've got an Izh-35 I'm considering selling to help fund a FWB AW93. It's one of the first imported...meaning the original heel magazine release, no slide holdback, etc.

Do I sell this with the aftermarket Rink grips I bought, or sell the grips separately?
shadow

IZH

Post by shadow »

If the grips are a common size I would sell them with the gun. Of they are small or extra small I feel that you are really reducing the population of who might buy your pistol.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

What size are the grips? Are they modified?
tuj

Post by tuj »

I'd sell it with the grips; the original grips well...suck.

Be sure to let prospective owners know the issues around the early IZH-35M's, particularly the soft metal and propensity to peen the chamber face and 'double'.
peterleduc

Selling

Post by peterleduc »

Considering I just sold mine, with walther grips on it, I'll lend an opinion.

My gun sold for $850 with grips
Used grips sell for $100 to $150 but take a lot longer to sell and the amount of IZH owners and users is shrinking. Thus the grip will get harder to sell the longer you wait.
A gun without quality grips (originals) will probably sell for $650 to 800 depending on how long you wait for a buyer willing to spend. With grips it sells quick for about the same money.

Find a buyer who wants it with or without the grips, sell it priced accordingly. Cash in hand is way better than a bird in a bush.

My .02
Peter