Vibration Reduction System: Defined

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ShootingSight

Post by ShootingSight »

Grzegorz wrote:
They have. Elastic potential energy, gravitational potential energy, ...
Sure, if you are more interested in trolling than discussing an issue for the benefit of the audience.
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

ShootingSight wrote:
Sure, if you are more interested in trolling than discussing an issue for the benefit of the audience.
First of all, I sincerely apologize for my comments. It is my fault - I considered Target Talk forum as open for a free exchange of opinions. As I am physicist working at the university of technology (department of applied physics, laboratory of physics in sport), I face there all around engineers and often we discuss on “their” definitions that are incorrect in our physicists opinion. I should not bring these discussions here even if they concerns shooting equipment – in spite of the fact that this topic is called “VRS – Defined”. I forgot, it could be incomprehensible for most of forum users. By writing in this topic, I wanted to point out that often by setting rules too much in detail (defining), one may reach an unexpected result. And saying “any active VRSs are prohibited” generates less problems than saying, for example, “any active VRSs using an external supply are prohibited”, because this second statement leads to divagations what does it means “external”, that causes problems – reduces a space for judges decisions (because the systems are “precisely” defined) and open space for any cheating. Simplified rules, more space for jury members decisions. We are really not malicious :-)

However, as I have been unmasked as a troll, I promise to not write in this topic anymore.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

OK .... everybody play nice.

I did not mean to begin duels with this topic, but it has served a good purpose in that folks that have a technical background, Engineers & Scientists, have issues with this rule definition that obviously had little discussion when they pulled it out of thin air.

One of my points in this whole process, is that if they (ISSF) is not willing to put this up for discussion and comments and just toss it out there with even them not knowing what they mean, then they should quit screwing around with the rules and not include it just for giggles sake.

To: Grzegorz & ShootingSight & Sparks .... would make a fun project, No?
David M

Post by David M »

If most of the ISSF rule makers are German....... does that make the "spirit of the rule", Schnaps, Kräuterlikör, Jägermeister or Steinhäger.
A stiff drink of one of these could a a active vibration control, however too much and your gyro will topple (or is that tipple...).
Also known as a Oktoberfest group tightener.