Hammerli Quality Old vs New models

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
daotoys1

Hammerli Quality Old vs New models

Post by daotoys1 »

I have owned a number of Swiss made Hammerli Free Pistols, and well as other guns from Hammerli in Switzerland.

My question is due to the German buy out of Hammerli, and the fact that this originally Swiss made firearm is now made by Walther in Germany, and is no longer a Swiss made piece.

How does the quality of the German made Hammerli pistols compare to the Swiss made ones????

For an easy comparison, we could talk about the Hammerli FP 60 model which was originally a Swiss designed free pistol that was then made by Hammerli in Switzerland. Now that Wather of Germany owns Hammerli, the FP 60 still has the Hammerli name, but now the gun is made completely in Germany using German made parts.

How does the Swiss made Hammerli FP 60 compare in quality ( and accuracy ) to the German made Hammerli FP 60?????

Thanks for any replies

DAO
tirpassion

Post by tirpassion »

Hello,
I own a Swiss made AP40 (aluminium barrel) and a German (Walther) made AP40 (steel ported barrel). I do not find any difference in accuracy or shooting pleasure. The alu barrel without gas ports is obviously lighter. The steel ported barrel has lesser recoil. In short, I love to shoot both and achieve similar results.
I also shoot a Swiss made FP60 (it is fabulous) but I am unable to compare it with the German made one because I have never even seen one physically.

regards
tirpassion
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

For many years in the late 1950's and through the 1960's I shot a Hammerli-Walther Olympia which was a copy of the pre WWII Walther olympic pistol. It was made like a fine watch. I only sold it because the up front weight became too much for me. I graduated to a WEalther GSP and most recently in earch of still less muzzle weight went to a Pardini SP. I have a difficult time to beleve that you can wear out those old Walther's. MWhen I sold my Hammerli=Walther it till had the original firing pin etc.