Wanted - Air Rifle trainer in CT or Clinic CONUS

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Volker

Wanted - Air Rifle trainer in CT or Clinic CONUS

Post by Volker »

Hi,
Having just bought my first air rifle I consider taking a trainer immediately to avoid getting into bad habits from the start.
Because of my advanced age I won't be able to follow the methods normally used in youth development (I guess), mainly I won't be able to train during the week because of my job.
I would also consider a clinic anywhere in the continental US for a weekend or as being offered.
Any advice ?

Thanks,
Volker

My location is the CT Shoreline / New Haven
Last edited by Volker on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Do you have a place you plan to shoot some competitions? If so I would go there and find out if anyone does any coaching. If not then work your way out from your home looking for someone. A few days of one on one should help you avoid developing to many bad habits from the start. Read a couple of the better books they have lots of good info on them to be learned. Maybe post your location so people can try to help you better with some of their local options not to far from you.

Good luck..

Bo
rjjr

Post by rjjr »

Hi Volker,
One of the best resources for shooting is a book called "Air Rifle Shooting" by Heinz Reinkemeier. The book "Ways of the Rifle" is the smallbore coutnerpart. Years worth of reading/experimenting in either book. I did send you a PM also.

Regards,
Rick
Volker

Post by Volker »

Thank you Bo and Rick for your replies !
I stocked up on books while on a trip in Germany and got both the Air Rifle Shooting 2010 and the Olympic Rifle shooting from Reinkemeier.
Rick, I responded to your PM.
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Volker,
Contact Blue Trail Range in Walllingford, CT, (203)269-3280 or
1-800-782-6879
Ask for Dave Lyman and tell him I sent you.
Hap Rocketto