Ultra Dot Ring Torque

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

du61

Ultra Dot Ring Torque

Post by du61 »

Using the aluminum rings that come with the ultra dot, is there a torque spec for the low screw? Thanks!
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

I do not like the rings that come with the ultradot, i replace them with the weaver aluminum tactical rings, they come in 30mm.
They have six screws in each ring and a very sturdy knob tightening style that makes taking off very easy, if you need to.
Plus they are very inexpensive.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Forgot to mention I get them from Midway USA
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The Burris Zee rings are also very good. The horizontal split seems to be more stable than the verticle split of the Ultradot rings. The Ultradot screws are much easier to tighten with a Torx wrench rather than the Allen wrench that is included with the scope.
C. Perkins

DU61

Post by C. Perkins »

Welcome to the forum.

First question is, what are you mounting it on ?

Nothing wrong with using the stock rings on a pistol where the scope does not reciprocate(M41,M52, Marvel).

The allen wrench that comes with it will suffice.
Tighten all scews an equal amount.
The little wrench works off of torsion.
tighten until it bends and stop.
shoot it and re tighten again.
shoot it and re tightan again as it settles in.

If you are going to mount it on a slide that reciprocates, then look for a sturdier mount.

Hope this helps.

Clarence
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

weaver quad rings from walmart, 12.95 work the best, but whatever you use try and not put them over the glass lens, if you do tighten down very carefully and not too much. a drop of red locktite on the dot where the ring covers it will help keep it from moving with stock rings
penman53

Post by penman53 »

I second on the Zee rings, they are used on all of my bullseye guns
matchguy

Post by matchguy »

I used 15 inch pounds. That's the recommended torque on my FAT wrench torque screwdriver (10-15 inch pounds for aluminum rings)

What does stink about those rings, same ones on the Bushnell & Millett red dots, if you want to take it off and put it on another pistol, it loosens up the entire mounting on the tube and you have to re-align it. They're not like normal scope rings that lock in the ring to the tube and have different screws to tighten the rings to the base.