Rink grip on LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lg2011

Rink grip on LP10E

Post by lg2011 »

Can anyone please share your experience with a Rink grip on a Steyr LP10e? The Morini grip that came with this pistol is pretty good. Is a Rink better?
LG
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If it fits your hand, and you like its feel, and it points the gun in the right direction, yes. If not, no.
flolo

Post by flolo »

Depends on your hand. If you have smaller hands it may be more difficult on the rink to get it fitting as the nuts which keep the palm shelf attached and the space for the circuit board take much room. If you have big hands, no problem, but on smaller hands you maybe cant carve enough wood. Maybe thats the reason you dont see jin jong not using the rink anymore. And, imho, morini grips are more anatomically correct from the beginning.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

flolo wrote: And, imho, morini grips are more anatomically correct from the beginning.
That just proves everybody is different and there is no way to know unless you try them. I dont have an E but on my lp-10 the Morini felt horrible and I strugled with getting it to fit for a long time and then got a rink and with two very minor adjustments it fits perfectly. So you won't know unless you try it. Scott
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I actually have tried and installed a Rink on my Morini Titanium and my score went up by at least 10 points. However I'm unsure if this will have the same result with an LP10e as the Morini grip on it is much better than the titanium version. I'm a bit reluctant to just order the Rink not because if the cost but because i'm a very impatient person and waiting 2 to 3 months to me is a very very difficult endevour. I have placed an ad in the for sale section of WTB a rink grip so I won't have to wait but I did not get any response.
LG
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, how many LP10e grips did you expect to be lying around? That pistol is not exactly common, and a significant percentage of shooters on that level will wirk with custom grips anyway. I only ordered my LP50e when Rink confirmed that they could copy "my" template grip onto it., and I still had to work on it.

The Morini and the Rink actually follow quite different philosophies, so it's not surprising that a person that likes the one doesn't like the other.
flolo

Post by flolo »

@smbeyer: don't get me wrong, as it always depends on one's hand. To me, it just seems easier on the morini grips to carve them into a fitting shape then the rinks. And even custom made grips don't always fit from the beginning! I think you can get close, but it will take you several months to make them really fit. So getting to know how to use a dremel, sandpaper and wood paste isnt the worst idea...
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

I thought that the LP10E was supplied with a grip from a different manufacturer and not a Morini.
I was lead to believe that they were from a company in Spain, but I could be wrong.
The standard grip on my LP10E only needed a small amount of work to make it fit very well.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

There are differing statements as to the origins of the LP10E grips. The factory grip on my 50e is definitely a spanish one, terrible shape, good for firewood only. On the other hand, Morini just recently claimed that they were the exclusive supplier for Steyr Air Pistols, so I don't know if Steyr went back.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

The reason I thought that my grip was not Morini was due to the fact that there is no CM insignia on the grips.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

The LP10e and LP50 were both made by Morini. I like the 10e better because it feels thicker. I think it's because there 2 batteries in it.

Thank you very much for all your responses.

LG
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Tycho wrote:There are differing statements as to the origins of the LP10E grips. The factory grip on my 50e is definitely a spanish one, terrible shape, good for firewood only. On the other hand, Morini just recently claimed that they were the exclusive supplier for Steyr Air Pistols, so I don't know if Steyr went back.
Tycho,

Would you happen to know the name of the Spanish company that is/was making grips for Steyr?

Thanks,

Brian
llorensan

Post by llorensan »

Brian James wrote:
Tycho wrote:There are differing statements as to the origins of the LP10E grips. The factory grip on my 50e is definitely a spanish one, terrible shape, good for firewood only. On the other hand, Morini just recently claimed that they were the exclusive supplier for Steyr Air Pistols, so I don't know if Steyr went back.
Tycho,

Would you happen to know the name of the Spanish company that is/was making grips for Steyr?

Thanks,

Brian
Hi
Not sure about LP10e but the grip of my LP10 is made from:

http://www.ibergrips.com/index.php

Lorenzo
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Ibergrips, yes.
antispar

Post by antispar »

Tycho wrote:The Morini and the Rink actually follow quite different philosophies, so it's not surprising that a person that likes the one doesn't like the other.
Tycho, what do you mean by "different philosophies"? In which way they differ?

I didn't like Morini grip as it was too thin and went after Rink's, which fit me better.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

A gripmaker will usually follow his idea of how he wants to position the hand in relation to the gun. Most obvious aspects are vertical and lateral angles, but there are more. If you look at early, middle-age and new Morini grips, Nill, Rink, or new Cesare Morini (Matchguns) grips you can see the difference quite clearly. Not every philosophy fits every gun. Not everybody likes the same philosophy. It's way more important (IMO, YMMV) than how the grip "fits" the hand - I can get a good fit in 10 minutes, but that grip only works when the angles and contact points are defined correctly.
taz

Post by taz »

I can understand the importance on a pistol like Morini 162 where the grip is not adjustable.
But on a pistol like LP10E, where it is possible to adjust these angles, do you mean that these might be so different that even adjusting the grip to your liking will not be enough?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

From my experience i will agree with Tycho. In my first LP10 i had both the factory grip (with CM insignia on it) and a rink grip. while the general dimensions were roughly the same the feeling was very very different but both didn't work for my hand. The grips that worked best for me were the factory LP300 grip (plain laminated blue), my match-guns MG-2 ( from dimensions i gave to the factory) and my izh-46 grip (heavily modified version of an arnie vitarbo grip). somehow after all this years the soviet concept of sticking a rough grip to a match gun and let the shooter curve the grip to his own exact specifications (with help perhaps from local coach) makes more sense.
antispar

Post by antispar »

Tycho wrote:A gripmaker will usually follow his idea of how he wants to position the hand in relation to the gun. Most obvious aspects are vertical and lateral angles, but there are more. If you look at early, middle-age and new Morini grips, Nill, Rink, or new Cesare Morini (Matchguns) grips you can see the difference quite clearly. Not every philosophy fits every gun. Not everybody likes the same philosophy. It's way more important (IMO, YMMV) than how the grip "fits" the hand - I can get a good fit in 10 minutes, but that grip only works when the angles and contact points are defined correctly.
Okay, I see what you mean. Of course, I had to check two grips (CM and Rink) I have and yes there are differences in angles between them, but in shaping too. Thanks.