Benelli or Hammerli

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rbwells

Benelli or Hammerli

Post by rbwells »

I am looking at a Hammerli Xesse competition or Benelli MP-95. I need opinions on which one is better for competition shooting at 25m. Other features like trigger, balance, sight specs, and what kind of ammo yours like would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

If you are considering Hammerli, then the SP20 is far superior for target shooting than the exesse when considering the criteria you have mentioned.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I have an MP90S personally, and I help coach the MIT collegiate pistol team, which has about 20 of the MP95/90 pistols. I think they are very good pistols.

I also have a Pardini SP New. Although there are features of the Pardini I like, the Benelli has always been reliable, and there is something about the balance that seems to suit me better.

My Benelli shoots regular CCI ammo just fine, as do most of the MIT pistols. Some of them seem to prefer RWS Target Rifle ammo, which is significantly more expensive.

I have no experience with the Hammerli, so I can't comment on it.
yana

Post by yana »

I always warn against the Xesse. 2 shooters at my gunclub bought 1 new, both were sent back with barrel problems..

Besides that, Hamerli doesnt exist anymore as such, so guarantee issues service and parts are a disaster..
Especially for the guns no longer made.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Many guys at my club like the Pardinis. The old Walthers are highly dependable. I'm still shooting my old S&W M41.
mld

Hammerli

Post by mld »

I have a Hammerli SP20 RRS which I use for ISSF rim fire and center fire.

It is a reliable and very accurate pistol.

I just purchased a Hammerli Xesse long with a red dot scope that I plan on using for NRA Bullseye shooting.

The Xesse is just as accurate as the SP20 RRS at 25 yards, and I have no issues with the quality of the gun. I have not yet tried the Xesse at 50 yards to make a comparison.

The rumours floating around (still!) that Hammerli makes poor quality pistols are totally false. Parts and service are readily available from my Walther dealer.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Nonetheless, the Xesse is basically a Walther Olympiapistole from 1935, and the Benelli a much more modern design from the 1990s - and the difference shows.