Screw-ups

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Screw-ups

Post by Rover »

- It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best. You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary."

Sir Winston Churchill

Just thought I'd throw out a few things I like to think about for the more or less experienced among us to stimulate some edifying discussion:

Grip fit: I remember talking to a guy about his grip fit. He said, "They're fine. I've gotten used to them."

In the immortal words of the judge on Saturday Night Live: "Bailiff, whack his pee pee."

Equipment: "I'm selling my Steyr LP10 and buying a Morini 162E with racing stripes. They're good for 20 more horsepower!"

BWHPP

Pellets: "I did some serious testing with over $100 worth of pellets. The best three shot group over the worst was almost 1/100". I'm buying Brand X because when I shoot an 11 I want an 11."

BWHPP

NPA: "I don't give a damn how much my neck and back hurt, this is my NPA."

BWHPP

Diet: "I shoot my best after a good breakfast; espresso duple and prune Danish."

BWHPP

Vision: "I don't need shooting glasses, they don't help when you have cataracts."

BWHPP

Old age: "Waahhh!" (This is my favorite after watching Steve Reiter set about 20+ National Records this year.)

Bailff....

I'm SURE you guys have something to contribute along these lines.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Trigger technology: "My second stage weight decreased, because I used Lapua instead of Fiocchi [ammo]" (after he shot two into the ground in duel stage)

Immediate headslap across the range.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Shooter: "I don't know why, but the first shot out of this gun always is a 6 at 7 o'clock. There must be something wrong with the gun."

Me: "I've seen this a million times, and 99 times out of 100 it is the loose nut on the trigger. I've even done it myself, repeatedly."

Shooter: "Well, I am the 1 out of 100. There is something wrong with the gun."
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

What about screw ups in the other sense of the term. What are the best screw ups you have done or seen. Eg I am the king of the cross fire. If it is possible to cross fire I can do it and I'm not just talking 1 shot
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

As long as you're looking at somebody else's target through your scope, no problem - you can still adjust your sight, even if you're not shooting at your own target :-D
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey! If an Olympian can do it and blow a Gold Medal, so can you!
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Who did that
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Muffo wrote:Who did that
Matt Emmons, famous for blowing olympic finals, 3 so far...
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

I know how he feels. Not quit at the same level. Some of my highlights have been shooting the first shot of a free pistol match on th e person target next to me then when he looked he had a 10 an an 8, it was my 10. The next ones aren't exactly Olympic pistol but still. I was shooting service rifle on a range that is numbered a1-10 then b1-10 thought to f1to 10 I crossfired a whole block. I was on lane 6 so I lined up lane 6 and away I went. Lucky it was in training, while shooting an overseas comp in the lead up training we did a serial where you had to shoot random hit to drop targets varying from 100 to 300m I was shooting away, dropping all my targets thinking, how did this guy on my left ever get to an international shooting event he is missing everything. Then the scores for the serial came over the loud speaker. Lane 1 25 lane 2 25 lane 3 0. And i was lane 3. Then maybe my best of all in may I shot next to one of my team mates in one of the matches. The match finished with moving 6 moving targets scored 5 4 or 3. To avoid confusion you lane number is painted over the target so basically I had a man size number 3 to aim at. After it finished we went down to have our targets scored on the movers I had 5 5s out of 6 fans my team mate had 7 5s out of 6. I lost champion shot of the army by 4 points
Rover

Post by Rover »

Bailiff!
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

I was at the local range the other day practicing service pistol and shooting slow fire and doing ok keeping everything in the black at 50 yds. A guy a couple lanes down was shooting a 1911 with two hands at about 10 yds and I heard him say "this thing punches really small holes I cant see where i'm hitting." That was because he was hitting the dirt five feet below his target! And then comes up to me and asks "why do you shoot so slow?" Scott
shadow

Shoot So Slow

Post by shadow »

I love our sport - I really do - but I have no patience for folks like you experienceds - who cannot hit a target 10 yards
in front of them - scares the heck out of me that they might really own a firearm for defense purposes!
Rover

Post by Rover »

You mean (like one recent poster) that you try to practice your Free Pistol next to them?

Hell, sneering at the bubbas is one of the great pleasures of this game. God forbid they should ever pick up an air gun to practice; it just ain't natural (or masculine or tactical).