Morini CM84E Grip Replacement

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Morini CM84E Grip Replacement

Post by conradin »

Can anybody explain how to remove the grip of the Morini CM84E? It seems to me that the electronic unit gets in the way. I have read through the archive but it seems that there is no direction as to how to remove the grip step by step procedure wise, such as how to get the electronic unit out first.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Isn't it the same as on the 162EI?

Remove the plate on the bottom of the grip and pull the electronics board out.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Take off the cover, pull out electronics, and there's the screw. Similar to 162/102, only there is one screw from the bottom instead of two through the back of the grip.
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

Take out the battery, you will see a cap srew in the grip. I use the 2mm allan key as a hook to pull out the electronics.

Greetings Hans.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

Be careful not to short circuit or damage the electronics. One time I lost the plate screw and it took 2 months to get a replacement.
LG
conradin

Post by conradin »

I have successfully removed the grip, the trigger unit, and now trying to remove the breech block to examine it. I want to see if I need to clean the block.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:I have successfully removed the grip, the trigger unit, and now trying to remove the breech block to examine it. I want to see if I need to clean the block.
The comments from Mike Taylor and Mark Briggs in this widely quoted old thread seem to be highly respected by those who know about these things.

They are also quoted in Pilkguns 10P files.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Yes, it is very helpful. But the one thing they did not write down is to let one knows that the electronic can be pulled out. I did not know that.

The bleach block needs cleaning, and I think it is beyond my pay grade, so it is heading back to Pilk for a good cleaning.