Pentathlon laser pistols - Olympic 'sport'

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

Richard H wrote: So using your idea we should get rid of all the handgun events because none of them use large calibre pistols and it's all about recoil? Maybe you should be on the IPSC forum, that's what they're all about. They get turned on by big bangs and flashes even if they can't hit the broad side of a barn.
So, why did you shoot IPSC?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I shot it to try it out, so at least I have an idea what I'm talking about. Outdoors it's fun, but like I said the level of shooting ability isn't earth shattering. It gave me some place to shot my other guns too. But like I say many couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but hey that's their prerogative too. Haven't shot it in a long time. Three gun was fun too.

Oh yea even then I preferred 9mm, cause I liked well placed shots as opposed to many who were shooting larger stuff so they could get major power factor, yet they rarely hit anything.

That being said there were a few who could shoot well, but I found them to definitely be in the minority.

Does that answer your question?
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

Richard H wrote:Does that answer your question?
Yes. That's a lot better balanced that your other post.

Like you I have a minor irritant, in this case people trash talking a discipline which at least they are free to take or leave. Not everyone has the choice.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Actually it's a different question you asked, but of course you failed to actually read what was in the post which seems to have caused you trouble. I clearly said that they should maybe goto an IPSC Forum, if they held those views, which is different than actually taking up the IPSC discipline.
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

Richard H wrote:I clearly said that they should maybe goto an IPSC Forum, if they held those views, which is different than actually taking up the IPSC discipline.
That's true, but I'm not convinced the distinction is sufficient.

It also begs the question of what exactly the "barn door" phrase means.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Well I've scoured my posts, and don't see where I wrote "barn door", I did use the colloquial phrase "broad side of a barn", which I don't think needs explaining.