Morini CM84E with new compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Morini CM84E with new compensator

Post by conradin »

Does any of you own a Morini Cm84E with the new longer compensator? Is there a way to fit the pistol in the original Morini case, including getting a brand new foam to start? If not what do you use to carry the pistol? What is the total length of your pistol, vs one that uses the old compensator?

Thanks
scerir

Re: Morini CM84E with new compensator

Post by scerir »

conradin wrote:Does any of you own a Morini Cm84E with the new longer compensator? Is there a way to fit the pistol in the original Morini case, including getting a brand new foam to start? If not what do you use to carry the pistol? What is the total length of your pistol, vs one that uses the old compensator? Thanks
I've found a longer, good pistol case, with foam inside, for the 84E plus longer compensator. Unfortunately I'm away from home, so I cannot give you details.
scerir

Post by scerir »

it could be something like 'Art. 3039 €105,00' (by Negrini I suppose) on page 1 here
http://www.bersagliomobile.com/articoli ... aligie.pdf
paw080

Post by paw080 »

conradin wrote:Does any of you own a Morini Cm84E with the new longer compensator? Is there a way to fit the pistol in the original Morini case, including getting a brand new foam to start? If not what do you use to carry the pistol? What is the total length of your pistol, vs one that uses the old compensator?

Thanks
Hi Conradin, No, the new compensator when fitted to the barrel
will not fit in the Morini case. You are supposed to remove it and then fit the
Morini 84E into it's cutout. The compensator is meant to be easily removed and
easily refit when you're ready to begin shooting(or start dry fire). The compensator
has a flat bottom that aligns with the reciever area above the trigger guard.
Or you can leave the compensator attached and buy a case that is long enough
to fit. I've seen, on ISSF TV, some Italian 50 meter shooters assembling their
Morinis and compensator on the bench just prior to going to their assigned spot.

Tony
conradin

Post by conradin »

Nobody did answer the total length of the pistol and total length of the barrel with the long compensator...I need that info so I can look for a case that fits. I don't want to resort to using a rifle case.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Conradin, When I acquired the long compensator, I spent hours searching on the web for an appropriate case, to no avail. Out of frustration, I decided to make my own out of 1/2" birch plywood. Inside dimensions are 3.75x8x24.
My 84e with the long comp and large grips is 22" long.
Hope this helps, Gort
Attachments
120820_0013.jpg
120820_0023.jpg
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

Gun Guard DLX 10505
(26.75x14.5x5.25)
ken4all

Post by ken4all »