Amy Sowash looking for advice

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

sowash10

Post by sowash10 »

I sure hope so! Thanks for the support.
sowash10

Post by sowash10 »

I've looked up the house too :) But unfortunately, I am in Colorado and can't knock on his door.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

All,

This thread has gotten completely out of control. Posting a map to George's house is extemely inappropriate, as well as posting the names of his kids and their CMP numbers. The guy is moving his kids in to their dorms for their freshman years in college. Everything else is pretty low on his priority list compared to that. I know there is money involved which makes everyone get into a tizzy, but there are more important things going on.

I ask for either a moderator to delete this thread due to the sensitive nature of the personal information posted here that George did not approve to be posted, or everyone to edit their posts to remove such information. To put this in perspective, the NRA stopped mailing the names and addresses of the Perry competitors because it was a neat list of gun owners going out into the postal system to be intercepted. This thread does the same for an individual who hasn't truly done anything wrong other than put a priority on his kids for a few days.

Amy, I'm sorry there was a delay in your payment reaching you, and I know it was not your intention for the thread to move in this direction. If this thread is not properly edited when you receive payment, could you please ask our hosts to remove it?

Thanks.

Bill Reynolds
justadude

Post by justadude »

While Mr. Reynolds does have a point that some elements of this thread have taken on a bit of a vigilante tone, if this was a planned scam it is a serious matter. Other than goods have been delivered and Amy has not been paid we don't know much else.

I consider non-payment for goods delivered to be a very serious matter. This is the reason I am watching this thread. Rather than e-blast I did send Amy some information and possible strategies in a PM. To avoid some of what has been raised here.

Non-payment for goods delivered erodes the quality of this online community. I too have recently had an incident that will cause me to be less of a nice guy moving forward. It will also reduce the amount of stuff I make the effort to try and sell because I do not feel like it is worth the extra hassle.

While Mr. Reynolds is upset over the posting of a satellite photo link of the address and the name of the daughter involved I will point out none of this information appears to have not been available with a modestly skillful internet search. Hence, while not organized in one place, the information was already public and if she is leaving for college the daughter would appear to be of the age of majority and therefore a public entity.

Lets hope that this matter gets cleared up in a few days, Amy gets promptly compensated for the boots and then perhaps after a brief post from her to say the matter was resolved this thread could be quietly laid to rest.

Take a deep breath everyone
'Dude
sowash10

Post by sowash10 »

I assure everyone that I have no ill intention toward George Williams.
Update: He emailed me on 8/11. But still has not paid me or responded to the immediate email I sent back. I continue to wait for payment or further contact of when/how it might come.
dpg4

Post by dpg4 »

Ditto's to the post by "justadude" The deleted posts that included information that would help Ms. Sowash contact the buyer were not intended to harm anyone, to the contrary only to help resolve this problem. I have purchased items from this site and will continue to do so, I believe in the honesty of people. This problem could be easily resolved by one person.
muldoon9

Post by muldoon9 »

I have been censored !

: )

M
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well?
sowash10

Post by sowash10 »

Payment was received. Thank you all for your concern and help.