New Morini AP around the corner

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TB

New Morini AP around the corner

Post by TB »

Apperently there is a new Morini air pistol around the corner. Found this picture on their Facebook site
Attachments
new morini.jpg
new morini.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 5556 times
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

when was this picture posted?
There is a new Morinin AP.. the Titanium version... Is this referring to something else?
TB

Post by TB »

It was posted August 8 this year so I don't think they are talking about the 162 Titanium
Crete

Post by Crete »

It has a digital air pressure gauge (pictured).

It may also have an improved absorber but I can't find any specifics.
TB

Post by TB »

Crete wrote:It may also have an improved absorber but I can't find any specifics.
Don't you mean compensator? The CM162 does not have an absorber and Francesco has stated earlier that their future models will not either viewtopic.php?t=14551&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0.
Crete

Post by Crete »

Well, the idea to equip the Titanium flagship model with some sort of a recoil absorber was considered at some point apparently, but it didn't materialize due to Patent(s) Pending rights or that the one tested did not perform as expected etc., or something along those general lines.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Who needs an absorber, but they better come up with a smaller electronic and a fully adjustable grip, or they can ditch the whole thing right now. Rumour's been around for years, but if they continue like that, they will be surprised by a glacier when the next ice age begins.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I have the titanium and it look exactly the same exept that your photo is a bit darker. The titanium on their website is darker than the regular AP's. If this photo is black then it is new. Mine has the titanium color with a dark colored grip and a digital manometer I had this for a year now.
LG
gn303

Post by gn303 »

I don't think this is new. One of the French top guns uses a titanium version through out 2012. The digital manometer isn't anything new either. To be frank, I doubt is Morini will come out with really new stuff since Cesare left for his own business.
Guy
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

gn303 wrote:To be frank, I doubt is Morini will come out with really new stuff since Cesare left for his own business.
Are you suggesting that Morini haven't produced a new gun since Cesare left them in 1995? If so then you're wrong I'm afraid.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Tycho wrote:Who needs an absorber, but they better come up with a smaller electronic and a fully adjustable grip, or they can ditch the whole thing right now. Rumour's been around for years, but if they continue like that, they will be surprised by a glacier when the next ice age begins.
Add to that a rearsight that you can adjust without a screwdriver!
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

an absorber would be great, try and reduce some of the muzzle flip that the morini has
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

YMMV, but I don't care about the muzzle flip, makes analyzing the shot easier than the fully absorbed wobble where something moves, but you don't know why.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Tycho wrote:YMMV, but I don't care about the muzzle flip, makes analyzing the shot easier than the fully absorbed wobble where something moves, but you don't know why.
Totally disagree. If there is no muzzle flip from the pellet leaving thenwhen you release the shot correctly there is no movement except your natural hold error with the standard morini and it's muzzle flip the perfect shot has the front sight lifting, be it only a small amount. It is a lot easier to call a shot by the front sight moving when with the release of a good shot there is no movement
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

Do Morini air pistols have a compensator cone like Steyr, Walther, Pardini ?
Attachments
COMPENSATOR CONE (Example).jpg
COMPENSATOR CONE (Example).jpg (15.82 KiB) Viewed 5118 times
gn303

Post by gn303 »

David Levene wrote:
gn303 wrote:To be frank, I doubt is Morini will come out with really new stuff since Cesare left for his own business.
Are you suggesting that Morini haven't produced a new gun since Cesare left them in 1995? If so then you're wrong I'm afraid.
That's good news David. However you can hardly say that the Titanium version is a new deal, nor the digital pressure indicator. If Morini has engineers that come up with new idea's that's be just great and in favor of the shooting community. But forgive me to be sceptical.
Best regards,
Guy
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Totally disagree. If there is no muzzle flip from the pellet leaving thenwhen you release the shot correctly there is no movement except your natural hold error with the standard morini and it's muzzle flip the perfect shot has the front sight lifting, be it only a small amount. It is a lot easier to call a shot by the front sight moving when with the release of a good shot there is no movement
I recommend reading the interview with Mikhail Nestruev where he describes fiddling with the absorber of his Steyr LP10 until he started feeling the recoil. YMMV, of course, but apparently I'm not the only one, even if I'm lightyears away from Nestruev's level.[/url]
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Then why are there so many devices to reduce recoil
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Because people buy them.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Can you post a link to it.