LP10 vs K10 weight distribution

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TB

LP10 vs K10 weight distribution

Post by TB »

Can anyone tell me if the Pardini K10 is as nose heavy as the Steyr LP10?
rbwells

Post by rbwells »

I shoot a k10. Shoot around the 570's. It's all personal preference. The Steyr is well balanced out and can really reel in the tens free handed easier in my opinion. If I were you I would choose a k12 over the k10 if you are leaning toward Pardini for two reasons. The trigger and no recoil at all. Also again that is just my input. When I shoot my k10 I tend to drop shots low instead of high but that's just me. That is the way I shoot. It's either a 10 close 9 or one of the very few 8's haha. Also Steyr's grips just blow Pardini's out of the water so unless your going to spend some money on some rinks for example, I would probably go with the Steyr. If you decide on a Steyr you then have to figure out the oh so lovely debate of LP10E vs LP10 mechanical haha which there is numerous threads on here you will find. I hope this helped!!! Happy shooting!

Ripp Wells
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

And if you think the LP10 is nose heavy, you're in for a difficult choice.
TB

Post by TB »

Ripp, thank you for your answer. I was not asking about which pistol is the best but about weight distribution. A question still not answered. I am asking about the k10 since the k12 is so new and not many has expirence with them.

Tycho, the feinwerkbau p44 and Walther LP400 carbon is less nose heavy than the LP10! But the question is how the k10/k12 compares to he LP10 in that sense?
william

Post by william »

The question of nose-heaviness can absolutely not be answered vicariously. The perception of weight & balance depends to some extent on the grip - its configuration and its angle. I have changed grips on a pistol and have felt that somebody had hung a tin of pellets from the muzzle.

If the question is inspired by a physical factor that would require minimal front weight (tennis elbow?) then the answer is either a Steyr Compact or Pardini Junior. It would be illuminating to know by what process you've narrowed your search to these 2 makers.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

And it depends quite a lot of how much you've got in the grip - there's a perceptible difference regarding point of balance between the LP10 and the LP10E, despite the fact that from trigger to front sight, they are absolutely identical. If you don't like the balance of the LP10, you can take off the barrel shroud and switch to the LP2 comp, or put some weight into the grip. Grips alone can vary in weight by 100gr. So in light of the fact that the basic weight of most APs nowadays is below 1000gr, the question does not make too much sense, as you have all the room in the world to move that point of balance to wherever you want it. I agree to your statement about the P44, but that pistol is about 1cm shorter out front than the others, so it can be derived from the datasheet that there should be a difference (and most shooters I see are using the barrel weights on it). The K10 has an even longer barrel than the Steyr, and Pardinis are traditionally built pretty solid - make your own guess. All three of them are using 12mm steel barrels. You want less weight in the barrel in a full length pistol, go (as you wrote) for a LP400 carbon, or a AP40 alu. Something worth reading would be David M's statements here on TT about the short Morini, and I can recommend the Steyr Compact, that's a neat pistol with a balance like a SP, and with the rear sight at the rearmost position the sight radius is only marginally shorter than on a full size gun. I think what you have to think about is not the balance, but the "kind of wobble" you want or can handle, as short/light pistols show a completely different kind of movement compared to long/heavy ones. Balance and gross weight can be adjusted almost indefinitely.
TB

Post by TB »

Well I have had the lp10 for 1 1/2 years and I have never been really happy about it. I have a Rink grip on it which I really like. I have tried different grip angles, adding weight to the grip and a lp2 comp in stead of the barrel shroud but it was no good. I simply don't like this pistol. The funny (stupid) thing is that I can't exactly point out why except for the balance. I have also been thinking about if a short model could be a good solution but I also shoot a lot of free pistol and have not had any problems like this with toz, match guns or Pardini PFM (which is also a bit nose heavy). So I don't believe a short LP is the solution. I am asking about the k10/k12 since I am very happy with my Pardini FPM and the importer has given me a fair trading price for a k12.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The removal of the shroud and addition of the LP 2 Compensator does change it, but if you want a bigger change try the short cylinder.

All the said I think you need a different pistol cause I doubt you'll ever be happy with the LP 10 no matter what you change on it.
william

Post by william »

It appears that the choice had mostly already been made to go Pardini. Will your local dealer sell you a full size pistol with Junior cylinders? That will eliminate a lot of front weight.

It's interesting that you mentioned Rink grip. When I tried one (which was the correct size & configuration for me) on my Pardini SP a few years ago it felt like the tendons in my elbow were being shredded. One match later I put the factory grip back on, sold the Rink and was happy to be rid of it.