Post Deleted

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BATT-59

Post Deleted

Post by BATT-59 »

Post deleted.
Last edited by BATT-59 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Well you seem to have a lot to say and it's really easy to spout such disjointed crazy drivel when you remain anonymous.
BEA

Olympic showing

Post by BEA »

Surely you have shot at this level in order to give you such a clear understanding of what happened. Please share with us how it went for you in your last high level international competition. Are you available for lessons?
BOTL

Post by BOTL »

Because your an excellent ambassador to the sport..

Maybe your comments should have been kept to yourself.
BATT-59

Olympic Flop

Post by BATT-59 »

Richard H wrote:Well you seem to have a lot to say and it's really easy to spout such disjointed crazy drivel when you remain anonymous.
Reply Deleted
Last edited by BATT-59 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

You have no clue what you are talking about. Unless you have walked the walk, your just a wannabe with a jealous streak.
taz

Post by taz »

This is the time when anyone who has shot a 569+, thinks he should have gone to the Olympics right?
BATT-59

Re: Olympic showing

Post by BATT-59 »

BEA wrote:Surely you have shot at this level in order to give you such a clear understanding of what happened. Please share with us how it went for you in your last high level international competition. Are you available for lessons?
Reply Deleted.
Last edited by BATT-59 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

Greg Derr wrote:You have no clue what you are talking about. Unless you have walked the walk, your just a wannabe with a jealous streak.
Mr. Derr, I apologize if I offended you with my comment. However, I am an American and active shooter with a competitive backbone - unlike yourself.
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

Richard H wrote:Well you seem to have a lot to say and it's really easy to spout such disjointed crazy drivel when you remain anonymous.
Reply Deleted
Last edited by BATT-59 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

BOTL wrote:Because your an excellent ambassador to the sport..

Mr. Botl, you have a point, judging by some of the responses.
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

taz wrote:This is the time when anyone who has shot a 569+, thinks he should have gone to the Olympics right?
Reply Deleted
Last edited by BATT-59 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaban56

Post by kaban56 »

So, the coach who got Mr. Turner to a Bronze medal performance in 2008 now has to go? The first medal for US in AP in 20 years?
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

Deleted.
Last edited by BATT-59 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

kaban56 wrote:So, the coach who got Mr. Turner to a Bronze medal performance in 2008 now has to go? The first medal for US in AP in 20 years?
Mr. Kaban56, Bronze in 2008, after 20 years. Is that the best America "Can Be"? I don't think so.
david alaways

Turner

Post by david alaways »

The other 41 shooters(who failed to medal) and their coaches need to be fired or removed from their teams. While where at it Theres a swimmer that needs to be removed too. Some guy who won 8 GOLD medals in China but fell apart this time. What was his name? nobody remembers 4th place. What a deadbeat!
BATT-59

Post by BATT-59 »

BOTL wrote:Because your an excellent ambassador to the sport..

Mr. Botl, My passion for America and this sport got the best of me. Competitive shooting is a dying sport in America, and gun law's are steady changing. Doing well at the Olympics is good for ALL shooters and gun owners.
Kel P

Post by Kel P »

Hello Batt,

I am hardly a competitve shooter nowadays, but I am part of the general shooting audience in this forum to which you have posted.

Have you yourself not failed against a performance goal? If you are top 20, did you not recently fail yourself (and those whom you beat to get to nationals/qualifiers) when you didn't qualify for London? I am not asking to be mean or sarcastic -- but hopefully you can see from this example how your comments can be interpreted.

By the way, I did not find Turner's comments to indicate anything other than a very difficult experience. They did not sound like excuses or "seeking a pass" to me, just the struggles of a dejected shooter. If the man partied the night before the match, or lacked dedication to training and preparation, then I can see questioning his decisions. But I didn't see any of that.

Kel
kaban56

Post by kaban56 »

Actually, with all due respect, considering the funding for Olympic shooting sports, the youth development, the popularity of international shooting in US - these results are very impressive (not the current showing....)
rbwells

Post by rbwells »

The development of youth in the US is growing. In Air There are 4 kids off of the top of my head under 20 that i know of in the US that are capable of shooting over a 570 in air. I myself am one of those 4. I am 19 and hope to make the jr development team this upcoming year and i am here to tell you that in 4 years these older guys are going to hate us younger guys. I look for Rio to have higher scores than this year. A lot can happen in 4 years but if all 4 of us were to stick with it, things can happen. Right now as it stands, my personal goal for next year other than earning a jacket is getting into the top 8 overall at Benning and making that final. I know if I make that final then I am making the right steps. But as for the subject, we all have bad days, and sometimes at the most unfortunate times, but i did not think it would have been that bad for Jason. I do feel for the man though. I hope he can bounce back.