Android app for training ISSF pistol.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lindy

Android app for training ISSF pistol.

Post by Lindy »

I have earlier tried to make a python programme for pistol training (ISSF) disiplines.

This :
http://www.4shared.com/android/XJVwVLle ... furl=d1url

is another try. It is called Standardpistol, but you can try all timed disiplines. It is an simple app, but will hopefully help . Since I didn't find anything similar , I had to make it myself with app inventor. It uses while loop for time control, and check vs clock. Perhaps there are better algoritms ?

Feedback is always helpful and appreciated.
Markthemarksman

Post by Markthemarksman »

Do you know if this app would work on a nokia 5800 XpressMusic ?

I need an ap that will allow me to dry fire at home in the times needed for the disipline.
Lindy

Android for symbian ?

Post by Lindy »

I do not think this will work. My app is written in the MIT app inventor. It is translated to java ,I think, and then written in a file which only android phones use. Your phone uses Symbian as far as I can tell.

If you look at
http://www.targetshooting.ca/
at the pistol training section you will find several mp3 you can use . It takes a little more time to use than my app, but are useable I think.[/url]
pistolsmurf

comments to your app!

Post by pistolsmurf »

Just tried your pistol-app. Found it to be usefull, butt......

It would be fine if comands were: (ex. for sportpistol/centerfire duell):

1. Announcing discipline ex."Duell" 2 seconds pause.
2. "Load" hereafter a pause off approx. 5-8 seconds (for shooter to insert mag.+ chamber first round and aim on target. (Shooter SHALL NOT mess with phone, with a loaded gun!)
3. "Attention" followed by SEVEN seconds pause. (Shooter then lowers pistol to 45 degrees.)
4. "Start/beeb" 3 seconds.
5. "Stop/BEEB" 7 seconds. Loop 4+5 five times in all.
6. "Unload" Important!

All this makes pistolshooters familiar to comands at competitions. And SAFETY!

Have the commands recorded(in a STRONG voice) and made to MP3 (makes the app smaller?)
Make app possible to SD-card-transfer.(pistolshooter use their money on shootingequipment, not android-phones with big internal storage-space.)smily.
Put it on AndroidMarket/GooglePlay.

Thanks for the app, hope I didn't sound negative, cause I'm not!
Brgds Mikkel from denmark (Sorry for all the missspells and bad punctuation)
j-team

Re: comments to your app!

Post by j-team »

pistolsmurf wrote:Just tried your pistol-app. Found it to be usefull, butt......

It would be fine if comands were: ...

2. "Load" hereafter a pause off approx. 5-8 seconds (for shooter to insert mag.+ chamber first round and aim on target. (Shooter SHALL NOT mess with phone, with a loaded gun!)
Should be one full minute after "load" command before "attention". Might as well train the same way matches are conducted.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Thank you for the feedback.

As for using this app on Symbian, I do not know how to make it work , sorry.

Thanks for the tips on sound , I will see what I can do.

About just 10 sec delay before ready or attention - that is a choice I have made. I have a program written in python (works on LInux) with 1 min after load. In my practice sessions , I usually load the gun and prepares, then press the chosen time interval on the app. One could argue that I should have chosen 60 sec. Perhaps I will make this an optional choice, if I am able to.

( I have only worked with MIT app inventor for 2 weeks).
Lindy

New version

Post by Lindy »

I have changed the app a bit. My voice is not deep , so I still have to use a computer to generate it.

There is now a choice for loading time, and which series you want to practice. The choice is marked with a green button. You get a beep to signal pressing start button, then the chosen load time , then the preferred shooting time.

Duel series has its own button. Hopefully this makes practice better. Feedback is still appreciated.

http://www.4shared.com/android/woAjKjYa ... istol.html
Attachments
issfpistol.jpg
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Interested in the app. Do I have to register to download it?

TIA

Stan
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

The file-sharing site is down for some reason. Send your email address as a pm, and I will send you the app .
rmca

Re: Android app for training ISSF pistol.

Post by rmca »

Lindy wrote: Feedback is always helpful and appreciated.
First of all, thanks!

Here's my two cents...

1. A stop button to interrupt the series without having to wait for it to finish. And a bar showing the progress of the series (especially in 150 and 20 seconds)
2. The first command should be "Load" instead of a beep. Keep the option for the 10 and 60 seconds.
3. After the command "Attention" the command "Start" should be replaced by a beep. Keep the stop at the end of 150, 20, 10, 8, 6 and 4.
4. For duel the start and stop commands should be just beeps. Stop at the end of the 5th shot.
5. A loop option would be great especially for the RF and duel.
6. Finals timing, both 150 seconds and 50 seconds. Command "Load", then 5 seconds after "Start", then 150 or 50 seconds then "Stop"

IF you would like more suggestions just say, I can probably work out a couple more! :)

Good Job!!!