How to develop a sub 6 hold?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Center10

How to develop a sub 6 hold?

Post by Center10 »

I would appreciate any advice on what is the best way to develop a sub 6 hold? I have heard to use a little sliver of white between the front sight and bull but find that is hard to judge or to let your hold settle in and have a large amount of white to the bull. Thanks for any advice.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You're really not "judging" the amount of white too much; better to let the brain do it while you concentrate on the sight alignment. Otherwise you'll tend to let your eye go to the target.

But, if you insist...leave about the same amount of white between the bull and the top of your sights as is showing on each side between your blade and rear sight.
Last edited by Rover on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Center10

Post by Center10 »

Great, thanks for that reply. I'll try that.
madmull

Post by madmull »

try to create something like the picture

notice that you should focus on the pistolsights

the target gets blurry

if you are unexperienced than keep A big.[/img]
Attachments
sights-sub6.jpg
sights-sub6.jpg (14.65 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
Center10

Post by Center10 »

I'll try that, thanks for the picture.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I found that if just keep the sights where they look and stay clear works the best for me. It doesn't matter where in the white because I can adjust the sights with the sighter target. It may change depending on the range and how I see the sights that day. It makes no difference where that spot is as long as it looks the same for each shot.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

My advice would be to shoot at a white target for a while and be confident with the sight picture. Notice how small group you get when just locking at the sights. Then you KNOW that it is not important to see how close you are to the black as long as you are in the white area.....