Morini 162M -vs- 162E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bzizzi373

Morini 162M -vs- 162E

Post by bzizzi373 »

I just purchased a new Morini 162M, grip is a medium and shelf is adjusted down the whole way and my hand fits kind of tight. Called dealer and he has no Lg grips in stock for the M. But I can exchange entire gun for the E model with Lg grip for the difference in price. Is it worth sending gun back for the E model or should I just wait until M grip comes in.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The M is a mechanical trigger and the E is the electronic trigger, do you want the electronic trigger?

Personally the best thing about the Morini is their electronic trigger, so personally I wouldnt want anything but the electronic trigger from Morini, but that's my personal preference.
BEA

Morini

Post by BEA »

A big ditto. The E model has a great trigger.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

It is my understanding that the grip on the M is adjustable for angle, which the E grip is not. I have the E with a Rink grip and am quite satisfied with the grip and the trigger, but the adjustability is of value to some shooters.

Roger
Misny

Post by Misny »

The reason I went with the Morini 162E over the Steyr was the electronic trigger. That was before Steyr made air pistols with the e-trigger. After shooting both air pistols, I felt like the electronic trigger was superior to the mechanical trigger. I would definitely swap for the 162E.
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

Looks like the E wins out and gun is going back.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

The E is brilliant for dry fire training.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Both the mechanical and electronic triggers are extremely good, but feel different from each other.

It really depends which feel you prefer.
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

May just swap out the grips and keep the M,
I never owned or shot a pistol of this
quality and already shooting really impressive
groups with little effort at ten meters.
Can't imagine groups getting any better with
the E. no batteries or electronics to worry about
ever !!
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

If you have the easy opportunity to go the couple of bucks extra for the E----DO IT MAN! You may regret it later---it's a very reliable trigger, I owned one and foolishly sold it. The fool who bought never used it but refused to re-sell when he quit shooting for golf (??) So now the gun is unfortunately not in shootable condition with bum seals, mould etc. "Doc"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

As David pointed out, they are not really that comparable. Grip angles are all different, the E grip is totally different from the M grip, and the triggers feel very different, and due to the missing electronics, the M has a different balance point. You'll like one or the other, but it's not as if the E is just an M with an upgraded trigger, and just because you like the M that won't make you love the E.
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

Is the shot count any different and can you adjust power with the E ?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Of course. Beside the trigger and the grip, they are pretty much the same. And AFAIK the trigger does not use compressed air, so why should there be a difference in shot count?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why would you possibly care about the shot count? You don't know what it is, it will change if you adjust the power level, and you have a tank to refill right there.

You do have a tank, don't you?
Misny

Post by Misny »

Bob-Riegl wrote:If you have the easy opportunity to go the couple of bucks extra for the E----DO IT MAN! You may regret it later---it's a very reliable trigger, I owned one and foolishly sold it. The fool who bought never used it but refused to re-sell when he quit shooting for golf (??) So now the gun is unfortunately not in shootable condition with bum seals, mould etc. "Doc"
I agree that the e-trigger is problem free. The batteries last me a year or two. The dry-fire feature of the e-trigger alone makes the extra cost worth it. I have the short model and for me it is a better fit. I think the E model vs. M model is a no-brainer.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

You can dry fire the M all day long, no problem there. And there are some grip configurations you just can't get with the E grip. All I'm saying is, you got to compare the two for your individual requirements, not those of somebody else. To state that the E is "better" is a joke.
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

The trigger to me is incredible !
I guess the E cannot be that much better if I am
shooting awesome groups with the M for a newbie !
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

bzizzi373 wrote:The trigger to me is incredible !
I guess the E cannot be that much better if I am
shooting awesome groups with the M for a newbie !
Well, that's the bottom line, isn't it? If you're happy, you're happy. 'Nuff said.

Now stop fussing about E vs. M - just go shoot the thing and have some fun with it!

Roger
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

Roger, Roger !!!
bzizzi373

Post by bzizzi373 »

One final question, does the E have a faster lock time than the M. ?