K12 or LP10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rbwells

K12 or LP10?

Post by rbwells »

I am currently looking to purchase either a Pardini k12 or a Steyr Lp10. The k12 is new but seems to be attracting some attention. If i go with the LP10 i will certainly be getting my money's worth. Also i have not felt the k12 in my hand but have felt an LP10. I am looking to purchase one of the two by the end of the summer. Please give your opinions about to which one i should go with. Thank you.
Russ

Post by Russ »

What you will do with this thing after the purchase?
rbwells

Post by rbwells »

Competition shooting. JO's. Winter Air gun championships. Things such as that. I want the gun to last though and to be a contender for years to come.
Russ

Post by Russ »

If you are competitive level athlete, by my understanding, you are the one who must made knowledgeable decision.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You have a couple of months yet. Keep looking around. A used LP10 would be easier to find, though.
Leon

Post by Leon »

I would go the K12. I had the LP10 and was not impressed. Have a 162EI Short now. Very nice, but if I had to buy another high-end air pistol, I would get the Walther LP400 carbon.
rbwells

Post by rbwells »

The LP400 is another i have heard of as being a good air pistol. The Pardini is raising my brow because of how they have supposedly changed it so much from a k10. What did you not like about the LP10 if I may ask?
JJJJJJ

Post by JJJJJJ »

I would try out the pistols first, if you have you might want to check out the LP10 short
scerir

Post by scerir »

rbwells wrote: The Pardini is raising my brow because of how they have supposedly changed it so much from a k10. What did you not like about the LP10 if I may ask?
Trigger, the trigger of the K10 wasn't so good, different from the K2s, very difficult to set the sear/hammer engagement.
Now, the trigger of the new K12 is completely different, not just the geometry (the sear/hammer engagement is between a vertical lever and an horizontal lever, more or less) but the feeling. Clean, clean, dry, and easy. I would say the trigger is the main thing with the new K12.