Shooting log book for 50m prone

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AusTarget

Shooting log book for 50m prone

Post by AusTarget »

Hi guys,

I'm not entirely sure if this has been brought up before (most likely has) but does anyone know of a good log book for 50m prone? Any preferences you guys have over others? Or even if there is one that has 5 targets for each log aka the one sighting target and the four surrounding scored targets.

That last bit is just a hopeful for me, but by no means neccessary. I am just after what you guys think is the best.

Thanks
Last edited by AusTarget on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

With a view to doing what with it exactly ?

Are you looking to simply record scores, scores + shot position ?

or things like range details, wind, equipment, goals for the shoot, how it felt, learnings, areas that worked well, areas for improvement etc ?

For the former any old notebook will do, unless you actually want to plot shot fall on a shooting target.

For the later you may find something suitable online, but likely you may need to make your own or customise someone elses.

Rob.
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

I've found these useful before.

http://www.wilkinstowntargetshootingclu ... Series.pdf[/url]
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I use a notebook. I don't have to conform to the "lines" that way, and can write anything I want. After a day at nationals I wrote about 3 pages on how my position felt.
Matt
AusTarget

Post by AusTarget »

RobStubbs wrote:With a view to doing what with it exactly ?

Are you looking to simply record scores, scores + shot position ?

or things like range details, wind, equipment, goals for the shoot, how it felt, learnings, areas that worked well, areas for improvement etc ?

For the former any old notebook will do, unless you actually want to plot shot fall on a shooting target.

For the later you may find something suitable online, but likely you may need to make your own or customise someone elses.

Rob.

Hi Robb,

Sorry I forgot to mention the purpose, I'm looking at a layout that would allow me to write down stuff that needs improvement on for the next training session. What was done well and what was bad. With the addition of having some targets to record shot placement.

I realise this may be a case of simply writing it down in a notepad, just wanted to know if there were any good layouts available.

Cheers

Thanks also Dave and Matt I'll check that out + consider personal notebook.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

The ones Dave posted are OK for recording score and shot fall, but there's little space for much else - i.e. all the important bits ;)

I made one up from one our national pistol coach used initially but then I went to free text. For me the idea was to have template to remember what to write, but freedom to record as much or as little on specific bits.

I'll see if I can find another one that our regional rifle squad uses.

Rob.
AusTarget

Post by AusTarget »

RobStubbs wrote:The ones Dave posted are OK for recording score and shot fall, but there's little space for much else - i.e. all the important bits ;)

I made one up from one our national pistol coach used initially but then I went to free text. For me the idea was to have template to remember what to write, but freedom to record as much or as little on specific bits.

I'll see if I can find another one that our regional rifle squad uses.

Rob.

That would be most appreciated mate thanks.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I use this one for 50 meters rifle and I like it a lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shooting-Logboo ... 7dbc597d17
AusTarget

Post by AusTarget »

Thanks Paul,

I'm just about to order quite a few things from Nikkonos, so after I have a look around with all these log books I'll see how that goes.