mixed batches

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dontshootcritters

mixed batches

Post by dontshootcritters »

Hi guys. Has anyone heard of or can you confirm or otherwise that Eley send sealed case lots of ammo with mixed batches?
David Levene

Re: mixed batches

Post by David Levene »

dontshootcritters wrote:Hi guys. Has anyone heard of or can you confirm or otherwise that Eley send sealed case lots of ammo with mixed batches?
I don't know whether they still do, but they certainly did back in the '80s.

I once bought 2 cases, each of which had a mixture of the same 2 batches. That was Pistol Match but I also saw it happen with Tenex.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

When NRA started their grant store (using 3rd parties) I received a very well (re-)sealed case of Tenex with 4 different lots. Was not happy.
Could hardly tell it had been opened
GeraldC

Post by GeraldC »

This is reasonably common with the Eley we get.
On the end of each case of 5000 the batch number is shown.
Some cases have more than one batch shown.
If more than one batch is shown on the case then the change from one batch to the next occurs when one runs out and the other starts-even in a brick of 500
So you could for instance get 3200 of one and the rest of another.
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

man alive what a dirty rotten sneaky thing to do!
If I purchase a case of 5000 at a rather large expense it is reasonable to expect they are from the same batch but Im sure that Eley would have perfectly sound and totally believable reason for this happening!
1813benny

...a few questios...

Post by 1813benny »

Just for clarification:

1. Did you request a specific lot number when you purchased the ammunition?

2. If you did request a specific lot, did you contact the vendor and complain about the multiple lots in one case?

thx
ken
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

What benny said.

If you didn't batch test or request a specific batch, then does it matter? So long as each box of 50 is clearly labelled so you don't inadvertently jump from one batch to the next mid-competition, then you're getting pot luck by buying an untested batch anyway...
One random batch, or two random batches. Much of a muchness.

In the case of Tenex, I wouldn't actually bother buying untested Tenex anyway. What's the point in paying the premium if you might get a batch that doesn't agree with your rifle anyway... Unless it's tested I spare my wallet and shoot Match (or even Team indoors if I'm feeling poor).