Pardini K58 going "click" instead of "poof&qu

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John C

Pardini K58 going "click" instead of "poof&qu

Post by John C »

I picked up my Pardini K58 tonight to resume AP after a 5 year hiatus. The pistol had not been handled or fired in that time. After about 12 shots, the seals went out. The pistol was extremely easy to pump/cock, and when fired the gun just went "click". The pellet did not exit the bore.

I am a complete rube when it comes to air pistol mechanics. I assume I need to change the seals. Is this a job a layman can do? Or do I need to send it to an airgunsmith? Is there a quick fix I should do in the meantime? Should I try some Crosman Pellgunoil?

I bought this pistol about 7 years ago from a club, and I was told it had it's seals changed a few years before that, so it's been at least 15 years since that's been done. This is an early K58, without the dry fire mechanism.

Thanks,

-John
Rover

Post by Rover »

The seals on the K58 were not particularly good early on, and after 15 years must be pretty tired.

I'm sure Buck at Pilk can fix you up, but it's not really a big job if you're handy.

You can find directions on the web or someone else here may have them at his fingertips.
John C

Post by John C »

Rover;

Thanks for the info. I see that Larry's guns has a seal set for $26.99. That seems reasonable.

I don't have a manual for my pistol. Does anyone have one I could buy, or is there a place on the internet where I can get a scan?

-John
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

John C

Post by John C »

I've been reading about the care and feeding of air pistols, and it looks like I should be dabbing some silicon oil on the seals every tin of pellets or so. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which silicon oil to use?

-John
John C

Post by John C »

Coastwatcher;

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!

-John
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

sei benvenuto
mleves

rebuild instructions

Post by mleves »

rebuild instructions

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/k58a

good luck
mleves

Post by mleves »

John C

Post by John C »

Awesome, Mleves!

I really appreciate the link. I tried the other night to open the thing up, and this is definitely not a task for Mr. Magoo. A lot of small parts.

-John
Rover

Re: Pardini K58 going "click" instead of "poof&qu

Post by Rover »

I recently saw on here that someone had a gun rebuilt by PardiniUSA. Sounds good to me.
JD Mahan

Re: Pardini K58 going "click" instead of "poof&qu

Post by JD Mahan »

That would be me. Exchanged emails with Alex, and then spoke with Emil. I had them do a complete 'check-over', in conjunction with the seal job. Quick turnaround, gun shot great, then I sold it. From what I hear, still going strong...

Be patient on the initial contact; I'm not sure what the competition schedule for them is right now, but they are all serious competitors. They will get back to you (I once had Vladimir return my phone call from his plane seat as they landed back in FL).