Set of risers for a Walther LG300 Alutech

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TraLfaz

Set of risers for a Walther LG300 Alutech

Post by TraLfaz »

Anybody know where I can find a set of risers for a Walther LG300 Alutech? New or used it doesn't matter. I thought that I could use a set of risers off of my son's smallbore Anschutz, but they wouldn't fit.

Thanks
Abi

Post by Abi »

randy1952

Re: Set of risers for a Walther LG300 Alutech

Post by randy1952 »

TraLfaz wrote:Anybody know where I can find a set of risers for a Walther LG300 Alutech? New or used it doesn't matter. I thought that I could use a set of risers off of my son's smallbore Anschutz, but they wouldn't fit.

Thanks
Neal Stepp at ISS has them as I just ordered a set of 10mm.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

I got my risers for my LG300 (its the older one with the aluminum space gun stock) from Bill Earnest. I think the back one is the same as Anschutz but the dovetail for the front is smaller.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
randy1952

Check

Post by randy1952 »

Hip's Ax wrote:I got my risers for my LG300 (its the older one with the aluminum space gun stock) from Bill Earnest. I think the back one is the same as Anschutz but the dovetail for the front is smaller.
Careful when you are buying riser blocks. You can't assume they will all fit the same. The Walther and FWB front sights are different sizes. I checked with Neal and he informed me that they all have different sizes for mounting the front slight. The FWB is probably a mm different then the Anschutz. Just make sure you inform Bill Earnest that the riser blocks are for a Walther. We order a set of Anschutz riser blocks for an FWB a few years ago and the rear sight worked out just fine, but the front sight the riser blocks didn't fit so the father used a mallot to force it onto his daughters P700.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

The rear riser block will fit, but the front one won't as Walther cuts the dovetail smaller than all the other manufacturers. You shouldn't have a problem finding them, just make sure to ask if they are made for Walther rifles.
randy1952

Risers

Post by randy1952 »

silentfury214 wrote:The rear riser block will fit, but the front one won't as Walther cuts the dovetail smaller than all the other manufacturers. You shouldn't have a problem finding them, just make sure to ask if they are made for Walther rifles.
FWB does just the opposite they are just slightly larger.
TraLfaz

Post by TraLfaz »

I guess that I will give Bill Earnest a phone call (he is only a state away) to see if he can set me up. Thanks for the help.