What 22 does your AW93 like

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GunRunner

What 22 does your AW93 like

Post by GunRunner »

What shoots best regardless of price in your aw93?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Anything Lapua. Best price in the Lapua line is Wolf Match Target which is the same Ammo as SK Standard Plus.
trulyapostolic

Post by trulyapostolic »

What kind of accuracy is the AW93 capable of?
tuj

Post by tuj »

trulyapostolic wrote:What kind of accuracy is the AW93 capable of?
Really really good. Zins is using one. Says its an 'X magnet'.

Check out this article: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... index.html

Based on that test, Lapua Polar Biathlon and SK Pistol Match Special look very very good.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

good chart, yes pistol match special is the best in a less than 10.00 a box ammo, cheap federal bulk looked good to,
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The biggest issue with an AW-93 is going to be functioning and not X count. i recommend the Lapua ammo because the cartridges feed correctly in the gun.
Lot of AW-93s on the line at Camp Perry, with a lot of expensive ammo going through them. The guy that won the slow fire match last year was shooting a Marvel conversion with CCI SV.
scausi

ammo

Post by scausi »

There is no right or wrong ammo,that being said you will probably find the European ammo will work best, as the Euro ammo is designed for competition shooting and European pistols.Yes cci /federal /winchester will probably shoot as good , but the whole point of competition grade ammo is it helps eliminate flyers ,misfires etc, the best thing you can do is buy a load of 50 round box,s of differant ammo and see the differant results you get . you will soon see the reliability, accuracy ,feeding issues for your own pistol. then you can buy the comp grade ammo for your comps and buy some cheap reliable plinking stuff .Do your homework and save youself the grief down the track.
GunRunner

Re: ammo

Post by GunRunner »

scausi wrote:There is no right or wrong ammo,.

Not true with the AW93, these guns have tight chambers, many american ammo, cci, federal and the like will have some, bullets that will not chamber, so if testing, buy only one box of each for testing. Ive found almost all the foreign ammo fits, which is the number 1 thing it must do before looking for accuracy.
scausi

Re: ammo

Post by scausi »

GunRunner wrote:
scausi wrote:There is no right or wrong ammo,.

Not true with the AW93, these guns have tight chambers, many american ammo, cci, federal and the like will have some, bullets that will not chamber, so if testing, buy only one box of each for testing. Ive found almost all the foreign ammo fits, which is the number 1 thing it must do before looking for accuracy.
Yeh like i said feeding issues
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

I have issues with CCI Std Vel in my 208s. I know it is not the same pistol, but it is a match chamber one. Same ammo also has issues in my Kimber SVT rifle, also a match chamber.

for match and practice, I shoot SK Std +. No issues and affordable.
dsd

Post by dsd »

I just ordered an AW93 from Brenzovich and I was told that FWB tests US guns with CCI Green Tag.

I can't wait to get it :-)

-dsd