Hammerli FP60 pressure point

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

lg2011

Hammerli FP60 pressure point

Post by lg2011 »

Can anyone please tell what is the pressure point in the Hamnerli FP60 trigger adjustment? I'm guessing after travel? If so turning it clockwise will increase or decrease it? The same question withe the trigger weight and length of pull, turning clockwise increases or decrease it?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Try it and see! You can't screw anything up and you'll be able to confidently make an adjustment while shooting.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Rover.
Do you know what trigger pressure point adjustment is?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hell, no. I've never even heard the term before.

I'll take a guess at moving the trigger itself (back and forth, side to side) to come up with a good feel.

Given that, my advice stays the same.
FredB

10P Files

Post by FredB »

lg2011,

Are you aware of the 10P Files on the Pilkguns website? The Hammerli 160 entry there should answer all your questions; the manual is also available there.

Much as I respect Rover's opinions, I think his advice here is not the best. The 150 and 160 triggers are quite complicated, and many of the adjustments can affect more than one function. If you just go in and start turning adjustment screws, you can get the trigger pull hopelessly muddled. Take some time with the 10P Files and the manual, and figure out which adjustment does what. Unfortunately the manuals are not that clear - you really need to look at the mechanics/levers, and see how it works. On my late trigger 150, for example, the actual sear adjustment screw was not even mentioned in the manual, and I had to figure out where it was.

HTH,
FredB

Post by Guest »

Hello Fred,
Can you please tell me how I can get to the 10 p file. Thank you.
Lg2011
FredB

here

Post by FredB »

Anonymous wrote:Hello Fred,
Can you please tell me how I can get to the 10 p file. Thank you.
Lg2011
http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/default.htm
tirpassion

Post by tirpassion »

Hi,
I have a FP60 and I am too perplexed with the same. I tried to fiddle with it and ended up messing up completely the whole adjustment. I started again from zero and have decided firmly not to touch any adjustment screw again unless forced to do so.
regards
tirpassion

Post by Guest »

Hi Tirpassion,
I wanted to shorten the after travel and I'm guessing that it maybe the screw to adjust the pressure point. However the screw won't move with the 1.5. I readily don't want to send it to Umarex as it is do new.
Regards,
Lg2011
Rover

Post by Rover »

Tirpassion,

Learned something, did you?