Aeron Spyder

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ON_THE_EDGE

Aeron Spyder

Post by ON_THE_EDGE »

I have the opportunity to upgrade from my 46M to a Spyder. Can anybody tell me how it would compare to a Alpha Proj or a FWB P44? I am most interested in any shortcomings it might have.
william

Post by william »

I tried one from Top Gun a few years ago. Everything about it seemed OK except that the trigger felt slightly wiggly on its pivot pin - or maybe the pin was wiggly in the frame, hard to tell. Bori very graciously took it back. Some time later our host listed a used one for sale. I called to ask if it had the same issue, and Scott confirmed that it did.

If you don't want to pump the Izh then the Spyder is a step up. On the other hand there's probably good reason that the Aeron costs 2/3 what a P44 does.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Do a search on here and you'll find things such as this:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=20624

Bottom line: you can do better for the money than the Spyder.
ON_THE_EDGE

Post by ON_THE_EDGE »

Well, I guess that explains the VERY low price and also explains why it has not sold yet.

What about the Alpha Proj? I know it is not up there with FWB and such, but is it as good as a 46M in quality and performance?
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Who makes the Spyder?
ON_THE_EDGE

Post by ON_THE_EDGE »

Aeron, I guess. Over in Europe, CZ (I am not even going to embarrass myself by trying to spell it). It is my understanding that it has a Lothar Walther barrel, so if everything else works it should be able to hit the backstop.
yana

Post by yana »

I hád a CO2 Alfa Proj, and háve the Spider. Forget the Alfa. Its not worth its money in pcp trim. Cilinder volume is too small. Also, its a VERY light pistol. Best buy for thís pistol, is in co2, and than directly in czech.

The Aeron: mine had been returned to factory for repair TWICE (regulator not taking air). The finish is ok, but not like FWB etc ofcourse. The grips are very thin. The balance is a bit awkward; partly cause of the 'pencil thin' grip..Cilinders dont hold air over time (acc to the factory, this is normal) and the manometers never go >160 bar.

Besides that its VERY easy to shoot. Its has a VERY good trigger, and it cocks like a dream; very light. Also it has very good, large, sights.

No doubt, it can be máde reliable, if you take it apart and remove all inside burrs etc. But if you dont, failure is stíll a risk. Why do I keep it? Cause its VERY easy to shoot very well, cause of the visible sights, great trigger and easy cocking.

Nontheless, the czech youth championship hás been won with a Spider..

PS Yes, they're made by Aeron themselves.