Suggestion on stand/tripod?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

nester

Suggestion on stand/tripod?

Post by nester »

Looking for some stands for standing/kneeling.
Do I generally need 2 of them - one for the scope, another for rifle/ammo?
I have Champion's Choice scope stand for prone, so I'll just add extension rods to it.

For the rifle: there are many stands available (e.g. Mec, AHG, Champion's Choice, etc) - any recommendation what to choose - sturdy, easy to assemble/disassemble, folds into small bag, etc..
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

The best for the money were the ESP stands, but he has had problems getting the parts he needs for the bases, and doesn't have any available.

Next would be the CC stands. Stand itself is fine (and their new pads are better than the old ones), but I'm not a fan of the ammo box that comes with it, so I replaced it with a block.
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

If you got the money, I highly recommend the tec-hro stand. It's very light(only 1.4kg), durable, and even has an angled ammo tray. Because of my location, I try to do as much as possible to avoid nasty fees for overweight luggage, so this tripod does help a little. Currently, I have the 2.0 version and needed to purchase it from tec-hro in Germany, however, i do know that 10pt9.com carries the older version if you would like to buy it from someone in the US.

If your on a budget, the club deluxe offhand stand made by championshooters.com looks like it could be a great choice for the price. Personally I've never used this, but, judging from the pictures, it looks very stable and is about $30 cheaper than the tripod made by champchoice.com
nester

Post by nester »

Thank you - it looks really light: http://www.tec-hro.de/index.php?page=product&info=916

Do you habve the idea what is the "photo-thread"? Is it for attaching the scope?
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

nester wrote:Thank you - it looks really light: http://www.tec-hro.de/index.php?page=product&info=916

Do you habve the idea what is the "photo-thread"? Is it for attaching the scope?
yes; its a version of the tripod that's actually designed for use with the scatt system; but it can also be used as a scope stand for kneeling and standing. the only problem would be that it wont go low enough for prone; although for me, i use the ground tripod that came with my scope anyway. I plan on buying this by the end of the month as it's a lot easier(and lighter!) to transport than a scope base, pole sections, etc. also too, if you plan on buying this scope stand, i would recommend you buy a "360 swivel flash umbrella holder light mount bracket C"(just look it up on eBay, it doesn't cost that much) so you can get the most out of the scope stand.