Help for Hammerli 162

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Paul Ha

Help for Hammerli 162

Post by Paul Ha »

A friend's electronic trigger Hammerli 162 has stopped working; he is currently looking at various options.
Mr. Bob Ledoux, who has benefitted the TT column with his complete fix of the Walther FP, has offered to take a look at the the 162's electronics.
However, before choosing to fix it electronically, my friend is trying to find out if his 162 can be converted to a 160, with its mechanical trigger. If so, its cost.
Mr. Neal Stepp, of ISS, has indicated that Walther, which I think has bought out Hammeri, says "NO".
Can anyone out there confirm, or share otherwise?
Thank you for your time.
Paul Ha.
[/b]
doughert@ptd.net

162 problem

Post by doughert@ptd.net »

A couple years ago I spoke to Scott Pilkington about making the conversion. I think he felt that it could be done. He was going to talk to a former Hammerli gunsmith for me but I never pursued the option.

Be careful with the solenoid on the 162. Even a hint of oil can cause a misfire - very frustrating in a match.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Yes, the conversion between a 162 and 160 is possible. It was foreseen by Hammerli when the pistol was designed.

In order to do that, you need to buy the internal mechanical trigger unit of the 160 which is still available since it is exactly the same as on the current FP60. This unit is located in the frame inside the grip and comes between the trigger blade assembly (a lever mounted on ball bearings on which the trigger blade is mounted) and the breech assembly that contains the firing pin and its release lever.

In the electronic version, the trigger blade assembly activates a micro switch and the firing pin release lever is activated by the solenoid. The connection between the micro switch and the solenoid is done by the electronic module.

In the mechanical version, the trigger blade assembly pushes a long lever which is part of the internal mechanical trigger unit. This long lever de-multiplies the force of the trigger blade and release an internal small hammer that hits/activates the firing pin release lever.

The part number of the internal mechanical trigger unit (complete) on the 160/162 spare part list is art-nr 2741050 part-nt 1.053.00, on the FP60 spare parts list it is art-nr 2741558 part-nr 1.080.700 name Stecher komplete/Har trigger complete.
swilso

Re: Help for Hammerli 162

Post by swilso »

Hi. Apologies for revamping a dead thread. I am curious how your friend went with replacing or fixing the solenoid ? I found a Hammerli 162E for sale, sort of cheap and apparently just needs a new solenoid or for it to be rewound. I am not sure if to take the gamble yet and see if an auto electrician or TV repair person may be able to fix it... Cheers
Christopher Miceli

Re: Help for Hammerli 162

Post by Christopher Miceli »

swilso wrote:Hi. Apologies for revamping a dead thread. I am curious how your friend went with replacing or fixing the solenoid ? I found a Hammerli 162E for sale, sort of cheap and apparently just needs a new solenoid or for it to be rewound. I am not sure if to take the gamble yet and see if an auto electrician or TV repair person may be able to fix it... Cheers
https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Ham ... 63100.aspx

spendy option.