Rightsight on 1411

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jtm

Rightsight on 1411

Post by jtm »

I recently purchased a used Anschutz prone rifle and plan to use my Rightsight and Phoenix match sight from my Palma rifle. I'll be using the Champion's Choice Redfield-to-Anschutz dovetail adapter but am not sure if the setup with the 30mm front sight will require a riser for the rear. Anyone running similar with advice on setup, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I'm guessing the Phoenix has a lot of elevation. More so than an Anschutz sight. My guess is you likely will not need it.

Tenring
jtm

Post by jtm »

yes, it does and that's what I figured... I didn't want to order a couple items and then have to get a riser base which would probably cost more to ship than the item itself! I won't have the rifle in hand for another week so figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.
tenring

Post by tenring »

Rear risers pop up on here pretty often..

Tenring
efoleyjr

Re: Rightsight on 1411

Post by efoleyjr »

jtm wrote:I recently purchased a used Anschutz prone rifle and plan to use my Rightsight and Phoenix match sight from my Palma rifle. I'll be using the Champion's Choice Redfield-to-Anschutz dovetail adapter but am not sure if the setup with the 30mm front sight will require a riser for the rear. Anyone running similar with advice on setup, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

You will need one 8mm riser + your anschutz-redfield adaptor. I use the same setup.
Ed