22 Conversion - Red Dot

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

matchguy

22 Conversion - Red Dot

Post by matchguy »

Hello,

Can you put a slide mount on a Ceiner 1911 22 conversion so you can mount a red dot? Will the slide operate properly with the extra weight?

Thanks
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I dou bt it since the rear sight is only held to the slide by a roll pin . I imagine you could drill and tap the slide for a Weaver style base and then mount a red dot such as the Docter or J-Point. In either case it will only result in plinking level accuracy.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Why even waste the money on something that at best only has plinker accuracy? Sell it and put the cash you would have wasted on it with it and buy a marvel conversion with a scope rail.
wattsnot

Post by wattsnot »

Maybe a alternative. Burris fastfire. Holds up well on a 22 or 45. This is a Kimber conversion.

matchguy

Post by matchguy »

GunRunner wrote:Why even waste the money on something that at best only has plinker accuracy? Sell it and put the cash you would have wasted on it with it and buy a marvel conversion with a scope rail.
Good thought but the Marvel Precision with scope rail start at $460 and there's a wait. I bought the Ceiner back when it was the only one you could buy. Another $500 isn't in the budget this year. Also, my conversion works flawlessly with ammo I have.

If the Marvel works with a slide mount scope rail, doesn't the Ceiner operate the same if I put one on it? That's only $30.

Wattsnot: Thanks for the pics. Didn't think of that one but the Ceiner I have has the nicer Millett rear sight that doesn't have a dovetail to accept the Burris Red Dot.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

the scope rail on a marvel is not connected to the slide, it moves under the rail. marvel units are available at midway. If your keeping that set up i would just buy a grip mount scope rail like made by BME or others, simple and effective and can be taken on and off in seconds
matchguy

Post by matchguy »

GunRunner wrote:the scope rail on a marvel is not connected to the slide, it moves under the rail. marvel units are available at midway. If your keeping that set up i would just buy a grip mount scope rail like made by BME or others, simple and effective and can be taken on and off in seconds
Looked at BME and don't see a grip mount. They have a slide mount that needs to be installed by them.

Any other examples of grip mount other than the Aimtech?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

matchguy wrote:
GunRunner wrote:the scope rail on a marvel is not connected to the slide, it moves under the rail. marvel units are available at midway. If your keeping that set up i would just buy a grip mount scope rail like made by BME or others, simple and effective and can be taken on and off in seconds
Looked at BME and don't see a grip mount. They have a slide mount that needs to be installed by them.

Any other examples of grip mount other than the Aimtech?
the aimtech is another good one, it would work well for you.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=411/ ... 01_d_10253
penman53

22 scope mount

Post by penman53 »

Ditto on the Marvel. I have a six inch and it is marvelous (no pun intended)

Mark