How to test Sig/Hammerli Trailside accuracy

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

k9jri

How to test Sig/Hammerli Trailside accuracy

Post by k9jri »

I just purchased a used but very nice Trailside. I had one about 10 years ago that I recall shot better than this one but I was only 59 then:)

In trying to shoot it from a rest, to verify the accuracy of the pistol, I find that it is difficult to do this as the barrel cross section is quite small and the slide actually comes forward to the point that it would rub on my leather bag.

What is recommended to allow a rested accuracy test to be conducted short of a properly fitted Ransom Rest? It is the 6" barrel Sport version.

Mike
dsd

Post by dsd »

Funny, I am in the exact situation.

I bought a cheap Pistol Rest from Amazon (One with a Trim Rubber Y to do this test and to ease Re-Zeroing).

I am actually headed out tonight to test it and I will let you know how it goes.

-dsd

Post by Guest »

I tested this using my $20 "MTM Pistol Rest" purchased from Amazon.

It worked very well with my 6" Barrel Trailside. I was pleased with the results.

Best,
dsd
paw080

Re: How to test Sig/Hammerli Trailside accuracy

Post by paw080 »

k9jri wrote: What is recommended to allow a rested accuracy test to be conducted short of a properly fitted Ransom Rest? It is the 6" barrel Sport version.

Mike
Hi Mike I think you answered your own question in this last question; and it is

The Ransom Rest. Shooting groups from bags or non-vised platforms is a great

test of shooter's ability; it is not a test of the pistol's potential accuracy.

Tony