10X Smallbore XPR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jkb

10X Smallbore XPR

Post by jkb »

I am considering purchasing a XPR Smallbore rifle from 10X in Dubois Pennsylvania. I am interested in any input that someone may have.
HPitts

Post by HPitts »

I know that the actions are good. I just built a rifle useing the action and a Benchmark barrel . It shoots well!
I have read on some other forum that other shooters were dong well with the 10-X rifle.
Howard
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

I have one on order, waiting for the barrel to come in. Should be a couple of more weeks I hope. David Crammer has one and has used it in his winter league, and he says he likes it alot.

Doug K
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

Buy one and don't look back. They are great guys and make great guns.
caveman

10X

Post by caveman »

One of the junior shooter at our club got one a few months ago and is happy with the rifle performance but chose the Air Force sights and isn't very pleased with the sight set.
Zoomies

Re: 10X

Post by Zoomies »

caveman wrote:One of the junior shooter at our club got one a few months ago and is happy with the rifle performance but chose the Air Force sights and isn't very pleased with the sight set.
What did they not like about the sights? I have a rear sight on my air rifle.
caveman

sights

Post by caveman »

Zoomies,
He had some trouble with the front sight working loose and the rear not being as crisp and repeatable as some of the other sights he has used in the past. Nothing major and could just be part of working the bugs out of a new rig.
caveman

10X

Post by caveman »

I see Mr. Crammer like the rifle and has more than a bit of experience, that speaks alot to me. I would like to know what he is using for sights.
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

10X will groove the receiver for Anschutz sights for like $10.00. They cut 11mm grooves on my 1813's barrel (more than $10.00).
Zoomies

Re: sights

Post by Zoomies »

caveman wrote:Zoomies,
He had some trouble with the front sight working loose and the rear not being as crisp and repeatable as some of the other sights he has used in the past. Nothing major and could just be part of working the bugs out of a new rig.
I had some issues sighting mine in the first time until I noticed the front sight was about 2 mm out of alignment from true verticle. I also noticed the iris was not drilled dead center but I was still able to zero in the sight. My boy shoots it in 4H and he is real happy with it.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Stopped by at 10X and got to see Bill the owner of 10X to see how my rifle was coming. He said the barrel will be in this week and hope to get it on the way to Palmyra for the 6400. Real nice guy and a pleasure to talk with.

Doug