I support Russ's comments on shooting techniques

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Anyone for Koolaid......?
jackh

Post by jackh »

Russ wrote:Let me rephrase something. I'm not against sales. I respect honest, profitable business. I am not against advertisement. I will pay for advertisement in my local club in Clarkston, Michigan (Oakland County Sportsmans Club).

I would like to protect people who make an unknowledgeable decision toward the purchase of Olympic pisotls. They must understand that knowledge of successful use of this tool will not come with a sticker price of this instrument. Knowledge of this subject does not belong to "Russians or Chinese coaches." It is also not related only to the bible of Olympic target shooting by A.A. Yur' Yev. Successful performance is also not dependent on tips from public forums. There are more specific details that must be included in this process.

It is okay to collect Olympic pistols. It is okay to do recreational "hobby" Olympic pistol shooting. For those reasons, a forum is a perfect source.

In the case of competitive shooting, you have to honestly disclose that luck of structured information and personalized advise is based on the individual evaluation of performance which is vital for future progress.

Otherwise, we will see more people selling their highly priced Olympic pistols with disappointment and health related problems. Let's give professional help for those who are looking for a solution. Honesty is the key.

"In the case of competitive shooting, you have to honestly disclose that luck of structured information and personalized advise is based on the individual evaluation of performance which is vital for future progress".

For the 570 AP shooters, this is what the OTC is for.

If Mr Russ D is offering to help shooters achieve that level of skill that might qualify a shooter for OTC consideration, then more power to Mr Russ D. Unfortunately, I am not sure what he offers. I would like to hear his offering in simple words.

I also would like to see Mr Russ D go to Perry in July and shoot in the National Championship 2700. He is not that far away.

My level of AP shooting is at best 90% scores with my 540K Junior. It has a better grip now and I have weighted it for a balance I really like. I just wish there were AP matches closer than 100 miles away. I have bullseye matches 20 miles away. 40 years ago Col. Miller said he was grooming me for International. But sadly that did not work out. I have been so tempted to get a Steyr AP. But like I said, 100 miles away...
Russ

Post by Russ »

"also would like to see Mr Russ D go to Perry in July and shoot in the National Championship 2700. He is not that far away. "
Why do I have to do so? What is the point? What exactly do I have to prove?
I have never done it before and so far, I have no clue why I have to do it now?
At this point, I am kind of more interested in Olympic pistol (ISSF) shooting, and do not have too much spare time to joke around with other programs, but I am definetly willing to learn. Thank you.

I found our local club in Clarkston is offering PPC (Police Pistol Combat) matches. So far, what is attracting me are awards for 1st place, a Springfield 9mm XDM. I will try to use my skills and knowledge to fit it to this model and I will update you how it goes.

Post by Guest »

Look forward Russ to seeing you on the prize list, all the best.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Let me read the rules first.
We will see how it works in cross training application.
Thank you.
Russ

I’m not surprised. I see more coming in this way!

Post by Russ »

"For the 570 AP shooters, this is what the OTC is for.

If Mr Russ D is offering to help shooters achieve that level of skill that might qualify a shooter for OTC consideration, then more power to Mr Russ D. Unfortunately, I am not sure what he offers. I would like to hear his offering in simple words. "

OTC????
Might qualify???
Unfortunately, your opinion is not a working model for me. PM sent with records ;)

What if I am interested in international development and my student is making progress in months and not in years?

I have enough qualification in my life.
I will use a NRA basic pistol book to teach how to score 565 - 570 AP in three months.
I was wrong. It is possible in 1.5 month! I just got my weekly report from my international student.
I’m not surprised. I see more coming this way!
To make you happy: “I’m certified by NRA to teach the basic pistol class”.

I Earned those medals with scores between 570 to 584 AP.
They are the property of Midwest Academy Consulting Group.
Troy, Michigan. USA

http://midwestacademyconsulting.wordpre ... ification/
It works better than 1,000 words!
My advice for "qualified coaches" is take the Olympic pistol and show your student how to make a qualified group of shots. This is how I was taught by coaches in SKA Kiev in Ukraine.

To speak about qualifications, please do not hesitate to check the meaning of MSMK qualifications in some countries like Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus.

Best of Wishes,
Ruslan
MSMK
Attachments
MWATS.jpg