IZH problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sagara wimaladharma

IZH problem

Post by sagara wimaladharma »

Dear Friends,
I have a problem of my IZH 46. I bought it brand new. but it was not pumping enough air. so I replaced the new seal. but still the problem is there. with a "Puff" pellet stays in the chamber.. after I do few times pumping and shooting, pellet leave the barrel with a slow speed.
Please help me to get the gun in to functioning mood.
Thanks
Sagara
k9jri

Re: IZH problem

Post by k9jri »

sagara wimaladharma wrote:Dear Friends,
I have a problem of my IZH 46. I bought it brand new. but it was not pumping enough air. so I replaced the new seal. but still the problem is there. with a "Puff" pellet stays in the chamber.. after I do few times pumping and shooting, pellet leave the barrel with a slow speed.
Thanks
Sagara
The 46M has a single stroke pump. Be sure that you are extending the pump lever all the way forward. It should release the breech and force it upward to the "cocked" position when extended all the way forward. If the pump lever is not extended all the way forward you will not get a full cylinder of air.

While you have already done this check the the round rubber seals on both the top and bottom of the breech are in place. It is easy to lose one of the other if the pistol is fired with breech in an unlocked position.

Mike
kevinweiho

Re: IZH problem

Post by kevinweiho »

k9jri wrote:
sagara wimaladharma wrote:Dear Friends,
Thanks
Sagara
The 46M has a single stroke pump. Be sure that you are extending the pump lever all the way forward. It should release the breech and force it upward to the "cocked" position when extended all the way forward. If the pump lever is not extended all the way forward you will not get a full cylinder of air.

While you have already done this check the the round rubber seals on both the top and bottom of the breech are in place. It is easy to lose one of the other if the pistol is fired with breech in an unlocked position.

Mike
If the breech does not pop up completely even though the lever has been extended all the way, then you will need to lubricate all the moving joints of the pistol with moly grease, (remove the grips and slightly lube the breech block mechanism) this will speed up the 'break in period'...
sagara wimaladharma

IZH 46 problem

Post by sagara wimaladharma »

Thanks for replying me. yes.. I have extended the cocking leaver all the way foward. and properly close.. I will lubricate and see..
Thanks
Rgds
Sagara