pellet brand

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

cmeks

pellet brand

Post by cmeks »

what type or brand of .177 pellet is recommended for the Anschutz 9003 S2 precise? thanks.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

That really depends on what your gun likes my gun does OK on RWS Meisterkugeln but it seems to like the H&N Match pellets the best. However I would suggest getting a sampling of a variety of pellets to figure out what your gun prefers and then use them.
Eric U

Post by Eric U »

A lot of people don't know this but air guns need to be lot tested the same as .22's. Each gun will like a different size/brand of pellets. That said, it is rare to find a precision air rifle that wouldn't shoot 10's all day long on any good brand of match pellets.

The host of this site, Pilkington Competition, is making some very good pellets now.

Eric U
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Before Neil Johnson closed, I sent him my 9003S2 for pellet evaluation. He shot 50 shot groups with a number of different pellets, and the size varied from small to smaller. HN 4.49 shot the best, but like Eric said, it shoots solid 10s with RWS R10, so since I have that in inventory, that is what I use.
Zoomies

Post by Zoomies »

I sighted in my AA S200 yesterday and used a variety of pellets. It makes a difference. By a pellet sampler and see what the gun likes the best but you usually cannot go wrong with the match pellets like RWS or H&N.