Scatt question.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Roadthing

Scatt question.

Post by Roadthing »

Do you mount the laser on the barrel or blooptube?

Doug
tenring

Post by tenring »

Either. I have tried both. I have a 20in barrel so I like to get the wires away a little to I prefer to use the tube. What ever you like.

tenring
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

Personally, I mount mine on the bloop tube. However, the laser will work just fine if mounted directly onto the barrel.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

I guess as long as you keep putting it in the same place that would be okay.
kind of what I thought.

Doug
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

I try and mount the sensor close to the muzzle, even when I'm using my 12" tube.
The logic for this is that it's the movement at the end of the barrel that is important - once the bullet is out of the bore and into the tube, it's all over, the shot is gone...

It seems to me that mounting the sensor on the end of the tube might just exaggerate your movements compared to mounting it at the muzzle - which might be good for training purposes...
As Tenring says, whatever you prefer really.

K.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

KennyB wrote:I try and mount the sensor close to the muzzle, even when I'm using my 12" tube.
The logic for this is that it's the movement at the end of the barrel that is important - once the bullet is out of the bore and into the tube, it's all over, the shot is gone...

It seems to me that mounting the sensor on the end of the tube might just exaggerate your movements compared to mounting it at the muzzle - which might be good for training purposes...
As Tenring says, whatever you prefer really.

K.
It shouldn't matter where it is mounted as the angle of movement will be the same, I generally try and mount it pretty near the end of the barrel / tube, to minimise any shadowing effect that may affect the approach up onto the target - i.e. the sensor could be partially obscurred by the tube when coming in from below. The solution then of course can be to mount the sensor sideways on the barrel.

Rob.