Toz 35 Modifications

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rem.44

Post by rem.44 »

Hi folks !
I introduce myself briefly : Régis, french pistol shooter, with a Morini 162EI, and a TOZ 35 M , and i'm very impressed with the mods you've done to this pistol !
I find mine too heavy, and after having drilled the frame, I removed some pieces of steel, as shown at the beginning of this thread.
Here is the result :

But the loss of weight doesn't satisfy me (about 50 grammes), so I've began to make a side-lever, that I want to attach with screws, as on the modification made by Jsealc21.
But I have some questions, again ...
I've done sonme markings on the original lever, for the drilling for the attachmentscrews : do you think their position is right ?

Could you post a pic of the original lever, showing the position of the holes ?

Between the actual and the new lever, there will be a spacer :

And here is the new lever, made from a piece of 3 mm thick :

Do you think I've forgotten something ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

Rather that 2 screws, I would use 1 screw (m4) and 2 pins (dia 2mm).

The first few I did I used just 2 screws and they can work loose, after I swithced to using 1 screw and 2 pins there was no problems with loosening or movement.

Drill and tap the screw hole in both parts, then assemble to check position. Once that's OK, drill and ream the pin holes while it's still assembled.
rem.44

Post by rem.44 »

Yeah ! Great mod !
Its the first time I see this one.
I can see you use a springloaded ball to index the breech in closed&locked position.
It's the part of the modification that frightens me the most ...
I had thought I could use this device :
I would screw it through the new lever, after drilling and tappering (M5).
lxvnrsw

Post by lxvnrsw »

rem.44 wrote:Yeah ! Great mod !
Its the first time I see this one.
I can see you use a springloaded ball to index the breech in closed&locked position.
It's the part of the modification that frightens me the most ...
I had thought I could use this device :
I would screw it through the new lever, after drilling and tappering (M5).
Where did you find those neat threaded detent pins?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

lxvnrsw wrote:Where did you find those neat threaded detent pins?
In the US, Reid Supply has a good selection of such items. along with lots of other wonderful fiddly bits:

http://www.reidsupply.com/products/tool ... -plungers/

I've dealt with them for years, and have been very happy with their service, stock & selection.
rem.44

Post by rem.44 »

For Europe (and maybe the US), I found here :

http://www.otelo.fr/fr/catalogue/pousso ... acier.html
chuckjordan

Re: toz 35

Post by chuckjordan »

agentr wrote:I went with the 11*. There is no protection for a flush cut crown. The reason I went with a crown cutter and not a lathe is that it VERY difficult to ensure your new crown will be perpendicular to the bore UNLESS you use the crown cutter. Furthermore, if you don't have a 35M, the front sight shroud is a pressed fit, and will be difficult to re-align if removed. The 11* cutter, cuts just inside the shroud, so you can cut it in place. This crown achieves groups under .34" at 50 meters. Your choice?
May I ask which tool (the manufacturer) you used?
springer-

Post by springer- »

I just picked up a couple of TOZ-35's (not M's), actually To3-35's. Now I am in need of a set of grips. Anyone have ideas on where to find original grips?

BTW, GREAT thead.
zoned

Re: toz 35

Post by zoned »

chuckjordan wrote:....May I ask which tool (the manufacturer) you used?
While you're awaiting a reply from "agentr", I'll mention the piloted cutters I use. The 3/4 x 11* is Brownell's #080-586-750WB [bottom] which is made by http://maford.com . The 1" diameter 90* facing cutter is Midway USA's #743874. It's made by http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com

agentr

toz 35

Post by agentr »

Chuck Jordan... I used the bottom tool from Brownells as posted by "zoned". I belive the manufacturer is Clymer but not sure. You can buy the tool from Brownells for about $75 IIRC. I rented the tool from
4-D reamer rentals for I think $30 and re-crowned three barrels with it. Be sure to order the "target" 22 cal pilot with the reamer. It has a tighter fit and will help to square up the cutter. Call 4-d and the guy there is very helpful. He sent me 3 different pilots to insure I got the best fit.
agentr

toz 35

Post by agentr »

Grips can be found all over the place but...be prepared to pay dearly.

Larry's guns out of Maine (larrysguns.com) has the grips most of the time in various conditions. Never seen his sell for less than $175 used. All the big mfg's make them for $300-$400. Nil grips, Morini, Fung...just do a search for "toz 35 grips for sale". You might get lucky and find some on this websites "buy and sell" forum for $150.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Springer

Check egun.de
Here is some second hand inc Fore-end
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3780566
agentr

toz 35

Post by agentr »

Thats a great price, however...The auction states no international shipping. Not sure if this means none outside Europe or none outside Germany? Springer, where do you live?
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Its always worth asking the question, I've bought stuff from people on site who listed the same.
Don't ask..don't get!

Its a great website if your looking for parts as well as firearms. Lots of interesting pieces on there.
agentr

Post by agentr »

Thats good to know! Have you been able to get firearms? There are LOTS of good ones on that sight. If not, thats ok too. There is a good selection of international pistol parts as well. Thanks for the tip!
springer-

Post by springer- »

A74BEDLM wrote:Springer

Check egun.de
Here is some second hand inc Fore-end
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3780566
That is exactly what I need however I am in the US and can't read a word of what is on there. I will see what I can do though.

Thanks
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Download Google Chrome and use as browser as automatic translation on it or goto www.egun.de and select american/english flag it will translate via Yahoo Babelfish.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

How easy is the barrel removal on a Toz-35M?

oh its on page 8 of this thread never mind - now to order a barrel vise
humphrieskris740

Post by humphrieskris740 »

quelqu'un a des infos, des documents ou n'importe quoi qui pourrait m'informer sur comment on installe un levier d'armement sur un TOZ-35 sur le coté de l'arme (au lieu de le faire passé par la crosse en dessou) je sais que c'est possible. je veux pas le faire mais juste le savoir, pour comprendre un peu mieu le TOZ avec lequelle je tir quoi. merci
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Il ya une entreprise en Allemagne appelé www.allermann.de qui permet de convertir votre Toz pour vous et s'adapter à un levier de chargement Steyr LP10 que le levier d'armement côté. Son environ € 400 à 500 selon si vous voulez une poignée Rink équipé ainsi en même temps que Centra Balance Bar.