Walther kk300

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GaM

Post by GaM »

Guy,
I have a KK 200 PM from around the same era as yours and was interested in your comment about the bedding screws, can you please advise on the appropriate torque settings. Searching for this hasn't produced any results specific to the Walther aluminium stock!!!
Regards,
Gary
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

I use 6NM on both screws.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

6NM is also the torque we were recomended for and use on the new KK300 action screws by a top international shooter.
Robin
Johan_85

Post by Johan_85 »

gstarik wrote:I shoot Walther kk200 since 1998.it's the best gun I ever had.
I had a Border barrel on it which shot almost 300000 rounds before I have replaced it with another Border few month ago.
I recommend to Walther shooters to use only the 2 front bedding screws and leave the back one out. The back screw have no real support,and the rifle shoots better without it.
If you use pillar bedding,than the back screw should be used.
The trigger is great,but you should check the head space every 10000 rounds,because it opens a little if you shoot a lot.
Guy.
Do you recommend those who shoot kk300 to use only the 2 front screws also?

When I look at the drawings on kk300 and kk200 they seem very similar where the screws are.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Yes,when you use the aluminum stock use only the 2 front screws on both kk 200 and kk 300.
Guy.
Johan_85

Post by Johan_85 »

gstarik wrote:Yes,when you use the aluminum stock use only the 2 front screws on both kk 200 and kk 300.
Guy.
Okey, thank you for a quick answer.
Tonyarg

doubt

Post by Tonyarg »

the front screws are the closest to the trigger? thanks[/img]
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

The front screw is the one that goes through the recoil lug.the screw which is close to the trigger shouldn't be used.
Guy.
Tonyarg

Post by Tonyarg »

Thank you very much!!
Daytona Dad

Post by Daytona Dad »

Just the other day I shot my KK200 again only to re-discover what a great rifle it is (it been two years). Yes I own 5 of those other "A" rifles and none of them come close to the Walther. Weight, adjustment, feel, and trigger, I should mention it has been upgraded by dropping in a KK300 trigger, it's all great. If your not aware the KK300 trigger is a "Set Trigger" further reducing lock time.

As for options, it has the same rail as the other "A" rifles, I use a MEC Palm Rest for offhand and the MEC hand stop for others. The front barrel sleeve is cut for a Walther front sight and an "A" rifle sight (just flip it 180*). Same for the rear sight rail, its cut for "A" sights, so on top of riser blocks sits a Gehmann 595 sight with adjustable iris and a 526 in front. Butt plates too are interchangeable prone I use the Walther, kneeling I have a MEC, and off hand a "HPS Gemini" butt plate.

And this is a left over rifle, a hand-me-down from my oldest boy who upgraded to the Walther KK200 with the factory Border Barrel. If I had to do it all over again I'd walk past all the "A" rifles and go right to the Walthers.

Yes, I also shot a Walther LG300 and a GPS, maybe I'm a little bias .....

Hope this helps give you direction.
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

Bntarrw wrote:I bought a KK 300 for my son and it has outstanding! Parts and service has never been a issue. I highly recommend it
I'm getting into Walther world. Who do you recommend for doing service? Please advise. Thank you.
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

Just had a small issue with my sons and champions choice took care of us.